Re: [Adults AMC] back pain?

  • PinkPheonix24@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 22, 2002
      I had back trouble from time to time. I also had pulled muscles in my back
      and it really hurt me alot. I don't like it when I get back pains, but it's
      part of life and there's nothing you can do about it. Does any of you guys
      know any places where I can look for employment? I look in newspaper ads and
      looked at classified ads on the website, if you know any places, please let
      me know, thanks for your help.

      Ilyce
    • Nancy Naugles
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2002
        It's sometimes good to check with Vocational Rehabilitation. If they happen to have good councelors it can be a good place to start.

        PinkPheonix24@... wrote: I had back trouble from time to time. I also had pulled muscles in my back
        and it really hurt me alot. I don't like it when I get back pains, but it's
        part of life and there's nothing you can do about it. Does any of you guys
        know any places where I can look for employment? I look in newspaper ads and
        looked at classified ads on the website, if you know any places, please let
        me know, thanks for your help.

        Ilyce

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Nancy Naugles

      • Nancy Naugles
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 22, 2002
          For me back pain has been terrible on and off. I had severe back pain and some numbness in my hands and some weakness. Long story short, I had to have neck surgery done. They removed C4, C5 and C6 and put in a metal plate. That was three years ago. My back is better but still get pain. After the surgery they put me on Celebrex and then later on Vioxx. Both work great but my insurance won't pay for it anymore. Now the Dr. has me on Feldine. It seems to be helping.

          lorie smith <gx264054@...> wrote:
          None yet. I was getting over Bronchitis n tried a new sleeping pill that just knocked me out. I never rolled over all nite from one side. I woke up with what I thought was a pulled muscle in my back. Right at the bottom of my rib cage. I go to an Ortho. on Tues. for x-rays.
          Thanks for responding. Do u find the AMC being part of the reason for back pain?
          Lorie
          JRTowner@... wrote: Been there & done that! What course of treatment are you following?

          Denise
          JRT's Rule!!!

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Nancy Naugles

        • lorie smith

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 24, 2002
              Thanks everyone for helping me and giving me some info. Thanks again. Talk to
              u all soon.

              Ilyce
            • DMSweet@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 27, 2002
                Lorie-

                Errrr....Uhhh (removing foot from mouth) absolutely not!!! "Later in
                life" simply means no longer young. Errrrr......Uhhhhh (removing
                second foot from mouth) That is, no longer a teenager. (Whew....a
                narrow escape......)

                -Dr. Wave

                http://community.webtv.net/DMSweet/TheWave
              • DMSweet@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 27, 2002
                  Psychotic nerve......that's it!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 27, 2002
                    LOL Thanks for making smile. I'm having a rough time right. Relationships Suck. Professional is soaring though. All kinds of doors opening for me. Anyways thanks for the lift.
                    Lorie
                    DMSweet@... wrote: Lorie-

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 30, 2002
                      Ilyce-

                      You might try a Center for Independent Living, or an employment agency.
                      Also, you could try a temp agency.

                      -Dave "The Wave"

                      http://community.webtv.net/DMSweet/TheWave