3481Re: [Adults AMC] Head, Sholders, Knees and Toes.. Knees and Toes

  • TRACY ULRICH
    Jan 22, 2011
      My chronic pain started during my twenties when I underwent 8 hip surgeries,
      and 2 in my thirties. I haven't worked since then.
      I'm 48 now and I'm a student. My memory is shot completely,
      and menapause isn't helping. I don't know how I keep a high GPA.
      As a young girl I had leg aches they called growing pains, and as I got older
      I wondered what the pains were called.  Then when the hip surgeries started
      at 20 I was in severe pain, laid on the couch for 2 years, and haven't had a
      pain free day since.
      As far as pain pills, at 12 I started taking codene, my 20's started vicodon:
      reg
      strenth, 500's 750's and extra strenth. Once in my 40's the pain started
      becoming
      unbareble again.  I begged the doctor to put me on methadone, actually told
      him I would not leave his office until he gave it to me, he gave me a script and
      the next day I was 95 percent painfree.  It's been 4 years now and I'm still
      doing great!
      I don't know what I'm doing to my body by not feeling it, but I don't think
      about it much and live life to the fullest. I have to say tho, my body seems to
      be giving out where I didn't expect.  My elbow, my wrist and fingers. AMC
      doesn't even affect my upper body! Arthritis set in pretty fast.
      Oh boy, what to do!
      Please tell me about spinal blocks and what happens when they do it.
      Thanks

      tau
      Tracy Ann

      tau
      Tracy Ann

      ________________________________
      From: TRACY ULRICH <tautracy@...>
      To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 2:50 PM

      I do understand pain.  There were times when I said "just shoot me!"

      A few years ago I was put on Methadone 5 mg 4 times a day. I don't like

      taking it either, but my life changed in such a great way. I can walk out

      of the house, walk around some, and come in and make a sandwich and

      not think about pain. I've even left my house without having pain pills

      on me, I don't remember the last time that happened.

      The pills will probably kill me in the long run, but I'm a firm believer

      in quality of life not quantity.

      I don't have kids so I can't understand that much of it,

      but just about every part of my body would be in unbelievable pain,

      if it wasn't for pain pills, that it's hard to say.

      I wish you the very best and good luck. Hang in there and keep pushing forward.

      Life is good, but not always.

      tau

      Tracy Ann