2859RE: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS

  • Wendy Hiatt
    Dec 13, 2006
      Thanx Kim. At least that gives me a little hope. I can handle large
      amounts of pain. But when it comes to pain in my jaw, I'm a BIG baby!
      Thanx again!

      Wendy

      >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
      >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
      >Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:06:40 -0000
      >
      >I suggest massaging the jaw muscles, avoiding chewing gum or eating
      >things that might strain the muscles in the jaw, and taking
      >anti-inflamatories if the pain gets bad enough. You also might want to
      >talk to your dentist about fitting you for a night guard, which would
      >prevent you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth in your
      >sleep. Both things often cause TMJ-like problems.
      >
      >Kim
      >
      >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Hiatt" <WendyHiatt75@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, my name is Wendy. I am 31 and have been noticing minor jaw pain
      >in the
      > > last couple of years. I was born with Arthrogryposis. I never had
      >problems
      > > when I was a kid. I am finding I have worse problems when I have to
      >go to
      > > the dentist. Any suggestions, my insurance doesn't cover a
      >chiropractor.
      > >

      > > >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
      > > >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
      > > >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:47:25 -0000
      > > >
      > > >Mandi,
      > > >
      > > >I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
      > > >really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
      > > >say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
      > > >can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
      > > >tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
      > > >bite into really tough or chewy foods.
      > > >
      > > >I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
      > > >teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
      > > >gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
      > > >massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
      > > >that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
      > > >know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
      > > >for years.
      > > >
      > > >Kim
      > > >
      > > >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@>

      > > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
      > > friends module.
      > >
      >http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

      Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
      cash from MSN today!
      http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic