1648Re: driving

  • Lorie
    Jul 5, 2003
      --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <tobes17@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. I just found out about this site so I decided to try
      it
      > out...My name is Jen and I'm 22 yrs old and I am just now starting
      > try to get my drivers license...I have AMC that only affects my
      arms.
      > I have had corrective surgeries to fix my elbows in a fixed bent
      > position and my wrists have been straightend as best as they could
      > be...pretty much I was just wondering what types of driving aids
      are
      > available that might work for me...I know that I need a turn signal
      > extension, but what of devices that might make turning the steering
      > wheel easier? I'm sure I'm not the only person with AMC that has
      > discovered that nobody really understands what exactly I'll need so
      > thought that where else was better to find good advice than from
      > others with AMC? I live in North Carolina so even if someone could
      > just point me in the direction of a company that specializes in
      > driving aids that would be wonderful. Have a wonderful day!
      > Jen

      Hi Jen. I'm going through Driving Ambition in El Paso, Tx. Chris
      Courtney (the instrustor) goes all over the country evaluating n
      traing. I'm the second person with AMC he's done. He's very good.
      Vocational Rehabilitation is who's funding it. Hope this helps.
      Have a wondermous day. Lorie
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic