File - FAQ.txt

  • ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 96 , Aug 1, 2007
      a m b a a - L: F r e q u e n t l y a s k e d q u e s t i o n s

      b) Online at http://www.yahoogroups.com/
      you will find additional help at

      c) By sending us a mail at help@...

      FAQ 3) Does ambaa-L has a official WWW site?

      Yes. The main site of ambaa-L is
      http://www.ambaa.org

      If you have any questions or comments about the site, please send
      e-mail to webmaster@...

      FAQ 4) Scope and guidelines of ambaa-L

      Guidelines of ambaa-L may be relaxed on a case by case basis. Contact
      help@... for any questions. Moderators decision on the acceptance of a post is final. And the rules will also be applied on a case by case basis. Moderation policy also takes into account of posting history.List Policies
      -------------

      1) Only devotees of the divine couple shiva-dampati can become a
      member of this group.

      2) Postings sent to the group should discuss only devotional works and
      related items. Works posted should be in line with shruti, smRti and
      puraaNa.

      3) Members of the group should be polite, respectful and courteous to
      each other during the discussions, especially when errors in
      understanding the text is pointed out.

      4) ambaa-L is a partially moderated forum. Adminstrator of the list
      reserves the right to put any of the member under moderated postings
      option. And all new members are by default under moderation. Based on
      the posting history, changes to moderation status will applied

      5) If you are an adherent of vAmachara, then ambaa-L is not a list for
      you.

      6) Any works from tantra-s posted to the list should adhere to
      samayaachaara/daxinaachara. And we request you to post the original in
      sanskrit along with a translation.

      7) In addition to discussions on shiva-dampati; devotional works on
      mahaalaxmii and sarasavatii devi are permitted.

      8) In matters related to the list administration; list moderators
      decision is final.

      FAQ 5) Standard Transliteration
      ambaa-L prefers the use of ITRANS. See
      http:/www.aczone.com/itrans/ for more details

      FAQ 6) List Netiquette

      - Avoid excessive use of all capital words. Using all capital letters
      is equivalent to shouting.

      - Stay within the list scope. When in doubt ask the moderators.

      - Stay on topic while replying and be polite.

      - Quote only the necessary material from previous post, without
      distorting it. Be sure to give correct credits.

      - Do not cut and paste excessively from web site. Quote only the
      minimum required material and always provide correct URL.

      - If your reply can be sent as a private message to the
      someone. Please send a private message. Do not post to the entire
      list unless you think others will be benefitted.

      FAQ 7) Mail attachments and HTML
      ambaa-l does not accept attachments. Your attachments and HTML posts
      will automatically deleted by the list server. Be aware of that.

      FAQ 8) guru, diixa, etc.

      Ambaa-L or ambaa.org does not make any guru referrals. If members of
      the list seek someone's guidance based on the contributions to the
      list or website, they should assume all the risk associated with it. It
      is the responsibility of the sadhaka to understand background of a
      person before accepting his or her counsel. It ie equally important
      that you consult your family elders before taking any crucial
      decision. List cannot and will not assume any responsibility on these
      matters.

      This is text-oriented discussion list and mostly our concerns are in
      understanding these texts. For actual practice, any suggestions (if
      given) should be undertaken at your own risk. We neither validate or
      authorize these suggestions.

      FAQ 9) Can I post messages that are not in line with advaita-vedAnta?

      Yes. Any work that is posted should be in line shruti, smriti, and puraaNa. They can adhere to any of the traditional schools such as advaita, vishishhTaadvaita, dvaita, bheda-abheda, kevaadvaita, etc. For most part, the members are followers of smaarta sampradaya (either affiliated to kAnchi or shringeri maTha).

      As long as the works discussed are on shiva-dampati, they can adhere to any philosophical tradition. For instance, one of the first works discussed on the list is anaandasaagara stavaH and it is work on Sri mInAkshI, in line with vishishhTaadvaita vedaanta.
    • kcr_sastry
      Message 96 of 96 , Apr 2 4:36 AM

        Dear members

        Can I know how to search a required text in this group to retrieve all the information related to that text.

        If I need information on Shiva, where do I type in this group page to get information.

        Please advise.

        Regards

        Ramachandra