Re: [ambaa-L] Doubt

  • raghavender ganti
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2010
      Sri Gurubhyon Namha
                                        The pre vedic period is attributed to the western people who think that the vedas belong to a certain period of time like their human made books, they are indeed apourusheya. The date fixed by them is based on the sayings in veda corresponding to a certain astronomical calculations, but paramacharya has indeed said that the same astronomical alignment does happen again and again, what has happened 5000 years ago would have happened some 50000 years ago and so on, so the method adopted by the westerners has elements of fallacy in them. Manu smruthi is for human conduct and was formulated on the advent of kali age, it has all the rules for human conduct, well there are different smruthis that have come later to that and that are mopre certain for different shakas and period of time in kali, please read thru them for a better understanding.

      People will always be there to tell what they feel like and what they like please follow the scriptures to the fulles if you may else dont follow at all. For eg giving up all karma mean to give up even working for ur lively hood, but people just do part of it i.e they give up poojas and ritual and comprehend that they have given up karma, this is just to cut the shirt as per your needs.

      As Sri Ganapathi ji pointed out the procedure and dravya for homa is to be used as per ur sampradaya and scriptures. I can say that i will offer a twig with ghee as poornahuti, but do you have that kind of bhakthi to suffice that offering, the sages of yore had such an upasana and bhakthi that we dont even have a speck of it, how is that then we can compare ourselves and our tuccha bhava sacrifices to tose done by them.

      All is well said but never ever done

      Till one reaches a stage of advitha one has to follow the shastras, till then one has to do ritual as per sampradaya to get chittashuddhi.

      Sri Kamakshi
      Raghav

      ________________________________
      From: S Sangaranarayanan <sangarsai@...>
      To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 31 May, 2010, 10:28 AM

      During the pre-vedic periods there was no word "widow" and everyone was considered as a sumangali. Only our vaidiks have brought these dictums in order to exercise more control over women. This is absurd.

      S.SHANGARNAARAYANAN

      To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

      From: aruna_behara22@...

      Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:27 +0530

      Subject: [ambaa-L] Doubt

      Namasthe all,

      i would like to ask the learned people from this group as to can a widow wear blackbeads and mangala sutra after her husbands death?

      I would like to know as to what the do's and don't for her.

      can she still do kumkumarchana to devi after one year? can she still put kumkum?

      Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
      Recent Activity: * New Members 1
      Visit Your Group
      shrimaatre namaH - namashshivaaya - shivaabhyaannamaH

      http://ambaa.org/images/text/dedication.GIF
      The opinions expressed here are the views of the author
      and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of
      the group as a whole and the entity Ambaa-L Yahoo Group.
      All standard disclaimers apply.

      MARKETPLACE

      .

    • S Sangaranarayanan
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 1, 2010
        Dear Brother,

        God and Guru alone should help those who do not have that type of bakthi, dedication, devotion, determination etc. On one side you say about sampradaya and on the other side you say about bakthi in offerings. This is because people do not have a proper guru to guide them - the Guru who has reached the highest pinackle of oneness with the Divine Energy and who can transmit that energy instantly to the sishya and make him the Guru himself. There are masters who make Masters and there are also Masters who make only sishyas to serve him, without even caring to consider lifting the sishya or even prepare him for mergence with the Lord of the universe.

        We offer quote Paramacharya but never we aim at becoming "HIM" eventhough He was ready to transmit the divine energy to those determined souls. Who is to blame.

        If we still stick to the vaidhik marga and want to push these into the spiritual marge, God alone can help such persons who have no intention of reaching the Divine, even after several janmas.

        Do you have personal experience of the smrithis or do you have the same experience of Paramacharyal. Divinity is to travel beyond time and distance as Paramacharyal had done. Why one should go on and on doing the vaidhik methods without knowing what and where is the goal.

        None convince such arguments and instead of arguments, there seem to be no intention of inculcating the divine souls to march ahead towards the goal and find the right guru. There is no harm if a guru is discarded if he is not able to transmit the divine energy to sishya and make the sishya as a great soul to merge with the Divine for ever, as a bee would discard a flower after the honey is consumer and switch to another flower. None can find fault with such an approach, as a guru who is incapable should be discarded.

        Regards,

        S.SHANGARANARAYAN

        To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

        To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2010
          I am totally perturbed by your telling me about my Guru. Do you know who is my guru. You do not know this nor did I discuss with you that such and such a person is my Guru. Please do not cast aspersions on any Guru, particularly in their absence. If you are bold enough why don't you go to Puttaparthi saibaba and ask him. You have no courage or face reality and that is why you are passing such sarcastic statements which wounds one's feeling.

          Have you ever travelled beyond time and distance. If you are mesmerized with the western thought, it is your own folly and weakness. Why blame others who want to express their opinion in such public forums.

          Do you personally know and experience that vedas are vakyas of the Divine and all your opinion is based on someone's sayings and not on your personal experience. Did Kannappa Nayanar knew all vedas before he offered his eyes to Lord. Let us not deceive ourselves.

          If you want to understand what has been written, better dwelve deep into it. Otherwise please do not consider them. Please do not hurt the feelings and unnecessarily being about persons about whom you ahve no knowledge or experience.

          My comments are purely personal and not to be read inbetween.

          Regards,

          S.SHANGARANARAYANAN

          To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com
          From: sudarshanbalasubramanian@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:59:51 +0530

          To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

          From: aruna_behara22@...

          Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:27 +0530

          Namasthe all,

          i would like to ask the learned people from this group as to can a widow wear blackbeads and mangala sutra after her husbands death?

          I would like to know as to what the do's and don't for her.

          can she still do kumkumarchana to devi after one year? can she still put kumkum?

        • ganapathy = = vijaya
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2010
            During the pre-vedic periods.........................

            Can you throw more light on it quoting the number of years from Now.

            On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:36 AM, raghavender ganti <rganti9@...> wrote:

            > Sri Gurubhyon Namha
            > The pre vedic period is attributed to the
            > western people who think that the vedas belong to a certain period of time
            > like their human made books, they are indeed apourusheya. The date fixed by
            > them is based on the sayings in veda corresponding to a certain astronomical
            > calculations, but paramacharya has indeed said that the same astronomical
            > alignment does happen again and again, what has happened 5000 years ago
            > would have happened some 50000 years ago and so on, so the method adopted by
            > the westerners has elements of fallacy in them. Manu smruthi is for human
            > conduct and was formulated on the advent of kali age, it has all the rules
            > for human conduct, well there are different smruthis that have come later to
            > that and that are mopre certain for different shakas and period of time in
            > kali, please read thru them for a better understanding.
            >
            > People will always be there to tell what they feel like and what they like
            > please follow the scriptures to the fulles if you may else dont follow at
            > all. For eg giving up all karma mean to give up even working for ur lively
            > hood, but people just do part of it i.e they give up poojas and ritual and
            > comprehend that they have given up karma, this is just to cut the shirt as
            > per your needs.
            >
            > As Sri Ganapathi ji pointed out the procedure and dravya for homa is to be
            > used as per ur sampradaya and scriptures. I can say that i will offer a twig
            > with ghee as poornahuti, but do you have that kind of bhakthi to suffice
            > that offering, the sages of yore had such an upasana and bhakthi that we
            > dont even have a speck of it, how is that then we can compare ourselves and
            > our tuccha bhava sacrifices to tose done by them.
            >
            > All is well said but never ever done
            >
            > Till one reaches a stage of advitha one has to follow the shastras, till
            > then one has to do ritual as per sampradaya to get chittashuddhi.
            >
            > Sri Kamakshi
            > Raghav
            >
            > ________________________________

            Ganapathy and Vijyalaksmy

          • sudarshan balasubramanian
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 2, 2010
              That dissent that cannot be achieved by voice can sometimes be achieved by silence.

              From: sudarshanbalasubramanian@...

              Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:59:51 +0530

              From: S Sangaranarayanan <sangarsai@...>

              To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Monday, 31 May, 2010, 10:28 AM

              To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

              From: aruna_behara22@...

              Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:27 +0530

              Namasthe all,

              i would like to ask the learned people from this group as to can a widow wear blackbeads and mangala sutra after her husbands death?

              I would like to know as to what the do's and don't for her.

              can she still do kumkumarchana to devi after one year? can she still put kumkum?

              South Cinema This Decade

              http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinemathisdecade/

            • sudarshan balasubramanian
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 2, 2010
                Apologies if my words hurt your sentiments.

                From: sudarshanbalasubramanian@...

                Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:59:51 +0530

                From: S Sangaranarayanan <sangarsai@...>

                To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

                Date: Monday, 31 May, 2010, 10:28 AM

                To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                  Respected members

                  i Madhusudhan Rao from anantapur, andhrapradesh , who is intiated in to srividya by guhanandamandali ,, started a society on the name H.H.Mahaswami with the blessing of H.H.Jayendrasaraswathi and H.H.vijayendrasaraswathi swamijiis., weare doing some dharmic programs like  conducting some pravachanms and other things.. but to do things we need money and support from so many members... i request you to visit our official website
                  www.sanathanagnanapeetam.org for more details. and help us to protect our sanathanadharama

                  Madhusudhana Rao.
                  +91 9949692729

                  From: sudarshanbalasubramanian@...

                  Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:59:51 +0530

                  To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                    Sri Gurubhyon Namaha
                                                       Aiming to be some one or something and trying for the aim is another and acheiving the aim is totally different thing, every body aims to be rich, few people try and very few people succeed.

                    If you want to learn something you should practice in the path that has been shown to be fruitful and that is what the shastras do, if you want to do it as you wish the shastras dont condemn them but you will be following a blind path. Please not that "You" here does not refer to you or me but more as talking to some one in person, no offense.

                    If you want to walk along a unknown path you need to have a torch which is guru, else walk along with a GPS or maps which are shastras, else you will lose your way and be lost.

                    How can one compare himself to parmacharya or tinnan, do we have the same bhakthi or knowledge, there would hardly be 10 or 15 people in this whole world who really have understood advita and experienced it at this point of time, and i surely know that they will not proclaim themselves like others that they know everything.

                    Are you talking about the divine energy that flows in the religious gatherings like "suvartha sabhas or christian healing cermonies that occur in mass, then i dont have any experience with those nor with any other guru of that kind.

                    Can you please quote an instance in which guru has merged shishya with the supreme, i dont know of one, my ignorance. Guru is just a guide who can show the path , it has to be walked by oneself.

                    Discarding a guru, there have been many instances when god himself has rewarded the shishya for being faithful to the guru even when the guru does not know anything, there is an instance in Sri Guru Charitra.

                    Sri Kamakshi
                    Raghav

                    ________________________________

                    To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

                    From: aruna_behara22@...

                    Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:27 +0530

                    ------------------------------------

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                      Dear Raghav,

                      In one word i would say that one must have the guru who is adept. That will solve all problems of guiding one to the "state" of being and becoming.

                      You seem to interpret things in your own way and it is your choice. I have nothing to say. Divine energy is that which is connected with the soul and if you feel there is divine healings or not, it is your understanding. None can convince you.

                      it has to be experienced and not explained. Mergence with the Guru is something that is to be achieved and there is no need for me to prove this, because you cannot understand it unless experienced. Better look for a Guru who will grant this supreme bliss for you.

                      What all you say are stories and it is not absed on your own personal experience. All scriptures are personal experiences and there is nothing that could prove or disprove them.

                      Regarding the path, it is for you to test the Guru and feel convinced that the path shown by him is safe to tread. How do you know a path is safe or blind unless you experience.

                      Let us not go on arguing about this and I pray to Divine Mother to give you that experience through a worthy guru, who can transmit his divine energy to you, make you dive deep into bliss, go beyond time and distance, and feel your presence all over the Universe - that is God.

                      Regards
                      S.SHANGARANARAYANAN

                      To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                        One wonders that out of the japa or homa sankhya that we offer to HER, how much actually reaches HER.

                        (Not wanting to go into sweeping statements like SHE is afterall avyaajakaruNAmurthi or SHE is my mother and so will accept anything that I offer with shradha,,, nor wanted to go into a other end of "I am such a worthless insignificant creature, why will she even look at any of my offerings..( well both actually could be the " real" situation).................... Even if we do a say 108 japa or aahuthis, looks like "discounts" have to be given by HER for wrong aahuthi, asudha vasthu, improperly given aahuthi, wrong manthra, wrong pronounciation of the right manthra, desa/kala/varthamana,sharIraAdhi doshAs, ashradha of the sadaka, asking for a japa/homa phala that the sadhaka is not entitled to, doing things without swaguru's aagnya... So after this " discounts", wonder how much actually reaches HER...

                        With all this happening, atleast "aaramba nilai maanavar"s like me( KG students) wonder, how many janmas it will take to reach HER!!!!!!

                      • S Sangaranarayanan
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 6, 2010
                          Shankya is not important. The intention, devotion, dedication, determination are most important. The entire results of the japa reaches Her in whatever way one offers these to her. Even asuddha items becomes suddha when offered to her. If a rishi lives in south pole, he would offer mother as nivedhya only fish, because nothing else is available to him. She accepts it. Everything depends upon how it is offered. Raghavendraswami converted mutton into roses when tested by a Muslim Pasha to test Him, because he must have felt that mutton is not the right thing to offer to Her.

                          Regards,

                          S.SHANGARANARAYANAN

                          To: ambaa-l@yahoogroups.com
                          From: antarurjas@...