15012Sri yanthra variants

  • Gopi
    May 5, 2014
      Dear Elders

      I got this photo from a friend of mine mentioning that it is the Sri yanthram. While the "central" part of yanthra seems to tally with the central part of the "regular" sriyanthram( 6 th avarna onwards), the rest of the avarnas look quite different.

      Around the mail yanthra we also see depictions of Bala ammavaru, Ganapathy, Subramnaya,Bhuvaneshwari and other devatas. My friend says that the print in the lower portion does say that it IS a Sri Yanthram. Can the elders provide some more information on this pl.

      Are there more version of the Sri Yanthram that we "traditionally" know of, to be having 9 avarnas?

      sriH mAtre namaH
      Pranam
      Gopi