Re: [amastro] Cassiopeia A

  • Howard Banich
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi Sue,

      I didn't get an attachment so I'm not sure which stars you're referring to -
      try sending it again.

      Happy New Year,

      Howard

      On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Sue French <scfrench@...> wrote:

      > Hi Howard,
      >
      > Are you sure the little bunch of stars I circled isn't the triple you
      > sketched?
      >
      > Clear skies, Sue

    • Uwe Glahn
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2010
        Hi,

        first Happy New Year for all readers.
        First I was very impressed because of the positiv observation of Cas A with 9,25", but it works.
        Last month Friedrich Lamprecht and I tried the object with 16". It was easy, even without filter. With [OIII] I located in the the brightest part of the SNR two stellar knots. I believe this were the two brightest [OIII] knots and nor stars. Without filter the knots were not visible http://www.deepsky-visuell.de/Zeichnungen/CasA.htm
        Yesterday we tried Cas A with a 10" Dob. Transparency was good but nor perfect. With 143x + UHC we could hold a laminar spot on the position of the brightest part of the SNR steadily with averted vision. With [OIII] the spot was also to see, but with more difficulty. Without filter we could nor see anything.

        CS, uwe