      From: amastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amastro@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:12 AM
      To: amastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [amastro] Carbon Stars

      People,

      The spectrum and redness of a Carbon star changes as its light varies.  Most cycle between magnitudes and are definitely redder on the way down, magnitude-wise.

      Most of these stars have a B-V Index figure that does not have a range.

      Shouldn't there also be a range of variation in their B-V figures?

      And if so, where in the range is the B-V figure calculated?  Brightest?  Dimmest?

      Anyone have an idea?

      Don Pensack

      Los Angeles

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic