Moved finally!

  • Ken Hunter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi all...

      Happy New Year! We've finally relocated our household goods and all
      my junk to our new (old) home in Fritch. Approximately 45,000 lbs of
      stuff in all. Many thanks to Jim Fitch for the loan of the 18 foot
      trailer! It would have taken FOREVER to move without that handy item!

      In a few weeks we should have decided where everything goes then
      It'll be back to the project list. Once the weather warms up a bit
      we'll get started building Jim's observatory (which was moved to the
      top of the list). I plan on pre-fabbing it and putting it in place
      over a two week-end time frame. Sounds like an excellent reason to
      have a beer/star party to me!

      Horray for 2004... 2003 was the pits!

      Ken Hunter
    • tzimmerman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        I sure hope you are making Jim's observatory large enough to handle several large scopes at one time!!! (grin)

        Terry

        Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:
        Hi all...

        Happy New Year! We've finally relocated our household goods and all
        my junk to our new (old) home in Fritch. Approximately 45,000 lbs of
        stuff in all. Many thanks to Jim Fitch for the loan of the 18 foot
        trailer! It would have taken FOREVER to move without that handy item!

        In a few weeks we should have decided where everything goes then
        It'll be back to the project list. Once the weather warms up a bit
        we'll get started building Jim's observatory (which was moved to the
        top of the list). I plan on pre-fabbing it and putting it in place
        over a two week-end time frame. Sounds like an excellent reason to
        have a beer/star party to me!

        Horray for 2004... 2003 was the pits!

        Ken Hunter

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Ken Hunter
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          Since Jim's supplying the materials, it's his call on how big it's
          going to be. I'm just going to provide time, sweat equity, tools and
          experience to the project.

          (Now that I think of it, I seem to recall him saying it should be
          just large enough for one observer, a laptop and a scope).

          ;0)

          Ken Hunter

          --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, tzimmerman
          <tzimmermn@s...> wrote:
          > I sure hope you are making Jim's observatory large enough to
          handle several large scopes at one time!!! (grin)

          > Terry
          >
          > Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:
          > Hi all...
          >
          > Happy New Year! We've finally relocated our household goods and
          all
          > my junk to our new (old) home in Fritch. Approximately 45,000 lbs
          of
          > stuff in all. Many thanks to Jim Fitch for the loan of the 18 foot
          > trailer! It would have taken FOREVER to move without that handy
          item!

          > In a few weeks we should have decided where everything goes then
          > It'll be back to the project list. Once the weather warms up a bit
          > we'll get started building Jim's observatory (which was moved to
          the
          > top of the list). I plan on pre-fabbing it and putting it in place
          > over a two week-end time frame. Sounds like an excellent reason to
          > have a beer/star party to me!
          >
          > Horray for 2004... 2003 was the pits!
          >
          > Ken Hunter
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • tzimmerman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            Don't forget a couple of cats also. By the way, I found out they do not not have any chambers that are going to be excessed any time soon. The one that would have done the job got excessed about 5 years ago (36"OD x 5' chamber). I do not know if it was sold at auction. I will need to make a trip out to the salvage area and see what is out there. If not out there, I will keep my eye out if anything else comes up.

            <tzimmermn@s...> wrote:
            > I sure hope you are making Jim's observatory large enough to
            handle several large scopes at one time!!! (grin)

            > Terry
            >
            > Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:
            > Hi all...
            >
            > Happy New Year! We've finally relocated our household goods and
            all
            > my junk to our new (old) home in Fritch. Approximately 45,000 lbs
            of
            > stuff in all. Many thanks to Jim Fitch for the loan of the 18 foot
            > trailer! It would have taken FOREVER to move without that handy
            item!

            > In a few weeks we should have decided where everything goes then
            > It'll be back to the project list. Once the weather warms up a bit
            > we'll get started building Jim's observatory (which was moved to
            the
            > top of the list). I plan on pre-fabbing it and putting it in place
            > over a two week-end time frame. Sounds like an excellent reason to
            > have a beer/star party to me!
            >
            > Horray for 2004... 2003 was the pits!
            >
            > Ken Hunter
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • Jim Fitch
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
              Ken,

              Better ask Rose for her definition of "forever". <G> I'm glad you are
              moved! I've decided the observatory should have a 30x40 roll-off
              roof, a warm room (with a well stocked fridge) several pier mounted
              scopes, high speed internet connections, and NO CATS! (Hope Tena
              dosen't read this before winter is over.)
            • Ken Hunter
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@a...>
                wrote:
                > Ken,
                >
                > Better ask Rose for her definition of "forever". <G> I'm glad you
                are
                > moved! I've decided the observatory should have a 30x40 roll-off
                > roof, a warm room (with a well stocked fridge) several pier
                mounted
                > scopes, high speed internet connections, and NO CATS! (Hope Tena
                > dosen't read this before winter is over.)

                Hmmm...

                That's several magnitudes above my current experience level but if
                you have the money, I'm game to try it! ;0)

                (I was thinking ~ 8X12).

                If you're really going that big... the first things to set into
                place would be the fridge and keg tapper!

                Ken Hunter
              • Reagan Herman
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                  Be sure to put a red bulb in the fridge!
                  --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:
                  > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
                  > Fitch" <jf@a...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Ken,
                  > >
                  > > Better ask Rose for her definition of "forever".
                  > <G> I'm glad you
                  > are
                  > > moved! I've decided the observatory should have a
                  > 30x40 roll-off
                  > > roof, a warm room (with a well stocked fridge)
                  > several pier
                  > mounted
                  > > scopes, high speed internet connections, and NO
                  > CATS! (Hope Tena
                  > > dosen't read this before winter is over.)
                  >
                  > Hmmm...
                  >
                  > That's several magnitudes above my current
                  > experience level but if
                  > you have the money, I'm game to try it! ;0)
                  >
                  > (I was thinking ~ 8X12).
                  >
                  > If you're really going that big... the first things
                  > to set into
                  > place would be the fridge and keg tapper!
                  >
                  > Ken Hunter

                  http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
                • Charles van Blommestein
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                    Would I be out-of-line to bring some HOT-TOTTIE to drink? I have still to finish that RUM from New Year's celebration (1985.)
                    Be sure to put a red bulb in the fridge!
                    --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:
                    > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
                    > Fitch" <jf@a...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Ken,
                    > >
                    > > Better ask Rose for her definition of "forever".
                    > <G> I'm glad you
                    > are
                    > > moved! I've decided the observatory should have a
                    > 30x40 roll-off
                    > > roof, a warm room (with a well stocked fridge)
                    > several pier
                    > mounted
                    > > scopes, high speed internet connections, and NO
                    > CATS! (Hope Tena
                    > > dosen't read this before winter is over.)
                    >
                    > Hmmm...
                    >
                    > That's several magnitudes above my current
                    > experience level but if
                    > you have the money, I'm game to try it! ;0)
                    >
                    > (I was thinking ~ 8X12).
                    >
                    > If you're really going that big... the first things
                    > to set into
                    > place would be the fridge and keg tapper!
                    >
                    > Ken Hunter

                    http://search.yahoo.com/top2003

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Jim Fitch
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
                      It would seem that we agree on priorities. (Red light in the
                      fridge....) See you all Friday night!

                      Jim