Okie-Tex Star Party

  • Brad
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
      Okie-Tex starts weekend after next. Wonder who plans to attend and what
      arrival dates?

      My plans have changed slightly. I originally planned to arrive Saturday,
      but a trip to Santa Fe for the weekend is necessary.

      I will be working in Dumas Thursday and Friday, meet my wife in Amarllo
      Friday evening, and travel to Santa Fe. We'll return Sunday afternoon, and
      then I'll head north toward Okie-Tex, arriving Monday.

      If it looks like I'm the first to arrive, is last year's location
      acceptable, or would you prefer a different place?

      Anyone have a convenient place to leave a car Friday evening thru Sunday?

      Brad
      Lubbock
    • Brad
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2003
        The close approach to Mars created a shortage of Baader IR cut filters and
        Baader Contrast Boost filters.

        Alpine Astro finally has an order arriving in a few days. If anyone in the
        Amarillo area was thinking of ordering one, I'll be glad to tack it on to
        my order saving you a few bucks shipping.

        I've got one filter of each type on order (1.25" size), and a filter for a
        friend in Singapore (since they won't ship international). Still time to
        add a few more on the order.

        Brad
      • Reagan Herman
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
          Hey Brad,
          I'm planning on Thursday or maybe Wednesday night
          arrival (if I get out of the office soon enough). The
          same spot works for me. But it really doesn't matter.
          Reagan
          --- Brad <brad@...> wrote:
          > Okie-Tex starts weekend after next. Wonder who
          > plans to attend and what
          > arrival dates?
          >
          > My plans have changed slightly. I originally
          > planned to arrive Saturday,
          > but a trip to Santa Fe for the weekend is necessary.
          >
          > I will be working in Dumas Thursday and Friday,
          > meet my wife in Amarllo
          > Friday evening, and travel to Santa Fe. We'll
          > return Sunday afternoon, and
          > then I'll head north toward Okie-Tex, arriving
          > Monday.
          >
          > If it looks like I'm the first to arrive, is last
          > year's location
          > acceptable, or would you prefer a different place?
          >
          > Anyone have a convenient place to leave a car Friday
          > evening thru Sunday?
          >
          > Brad
          > Lubbock

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Jim Fitch
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
            Brad, I didn't see your post until Reagan replied. Nick and I are
            going up Sunday, so we should have the same general area staked out.
            I'm looking forward to it!

            Jim
          • Brad
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
              Great Jim,

              I thought you were going up later in the week. I'll be getting into
              Amarillo Sunday afternoon, and will go back to Dumas and pickup the motor
              home. Plan to leave it at the motel where I normally stay. I'll probably
              drive part way Sunday night, and come on in Monday morning.

              Brad

              On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:36:26 -0000, you wrote:

              >Brad, I didn't see your post until Reagan replied. Nick and I are
              >going up Sunday, so we should have the same general area staked out.
              >I'm looking forward to it!
              >
              >Jim

            • Jim Fitch
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
                Brad, I just realized that your trip to Santa Fe was probably related
                to your new home. Hope you're having a great time getting things
                ready!

                Jim
              • darrell L. crofford
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 14, 2003
                  Hi all,
                  I will be going up Saturday,the 20th, will be meeting several of my
                  imaging buddies. We went up a day early last year also. Hope to see
                  everyone there and have a safe trip.
                  clears
                  darrell

                  --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, Brad <brad@e...> wrote:
                  > Okie-Tex starts weekend after next. Wonder who plans to attend and
                  what
                  > arrival dates?
                  >
                  > My plans have changed slightly. I originally planned to arrive
                  Saturday,
                  > but a trip to Santa Fe for the weekend is necessary.
                  >
                  > I will be working in Dumas Thursday and Friday, meet my wife in
                  Amarllo
                  > Friday evening, and travel to Santa Fe. We'll return Sunday
                  afternoon, and
                  > then I'll head north toward Okie-Tex, arriving Monday.
                  >
                  > If it looks like I'm the first to arrive, is last year's location
                  > acceptable, or would you prefer a different place?
                  >
                  > Anyone have a convenient place to leave a car Friday evening thru
                  Sunday?

                  > Brad
                  > Lubbock
                • Brad
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2003
                    Hi Darrell,

                    I don't see an answer to your question about early arrival on the Okie-Tex
                    messaging board. If you're camping, I'm sure you'll find somewhere to
                    throw a sleeping bag down. It's not far from the state park.

                    Brad

                    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:36:08 -0000, you wrote:

                    >Hi all,
                    >I will be going up Saturday,the 20th, will be meeting several of my
                    >imaging buddies. We went up a day early last year also. Hope to see
                    >everyone there and have a safe trip.
                    >clears
                    >darrell

                  • t_zimmermn
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 17, 2005
                      For those who have not registered for the Okie-Tex Star Party (October
                      1-9 in Kenton, OK, The pre-registration has been extended 1 week. The
                      deadline is now Sept 18 instead of Sept 11. By pre-registering, the
                      fee is only $40. If you wait until after Sept 18, the registration
                      fee goes up to $75.

                      Those interested can go to Okie-Tex.com to download a registration
                      form, etc. We should have another good turnout for the club this
                      year. So get your form in if interested. There are only today and
                      tomorrow to get your pre-registration in at the lower rate.

                      Clear skies,

                      Terry Zimmerman
                    • t_zimmermn
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 12, 2010
                        If you are thinking about going to Okie-Tex, there are only a couple of days left for early registration at the lower price. It is a great star party and hope to see everyone there.

                        Terry