OK... Where is a good location around Amarillo?

  • Ken Hunter
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Guys,

      I'll be moving to Amarillo the end of the month. I might get to take
      a "House Hunting trip" between now and then to check out the area.
      Where should I concentrate my efforts? I'm looking for a 3 bdrm,
      1600+ sq ft on at least an acre with few or no neighbors. A WORKSHOP
      is a MUST and not a converted closet either. I'm moving out of a very
      large home with a double car garage and a full basement PLUS a 24X40
      steel building workshop to boot so I need a LOT of room for my tools
      and toys...

      Most likely I'll have to be outside the city limits. Can't quite fit
      into tract housing projects with the hobbies I have. Anybody got any
      ideas or possible places I could settle into? Let me know!

      Also, recommendations for temporary housing (motel-hotels) that will
      allow pets (3 dogs) is desirable too.

      Thanks,

      Ken Hunter
    • Jim Fitch
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2003
        Ken,

        I clocked the time it took to get from West Gate Mall to the Weather
        Station. It took 11 minutes in 8:00 AM traffic and only slight delay
        due to construction. West Gate is on the very west edge of town. So
        you should not be too limited by travel to work. The realators will
        be able to point you in the right direction, although they might not
        know what you mean by "dark".

        Keep us posted. Look me up in the phone book when you get here if you
        have time.

        Looking forward to meeting you.

        Jim