It's official now...

  • Ken Hunter
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 13, 2003
      Hi Guys...

      It's official. I was informed yesterday that I will be the NEW
      Electronics Systems Analyst at the National Weather Service Office in
      Amarillo... Yeah!

      This is a MAJOR step for me and I am looking forward to the move and
      the challenges of the position as well as meeting the Amarillo
      Astronomy Club members.

      My report date is 4 May but I believe my wife Rose and I will be
      there a few days early to get a look around and to make some sort of
      living arangements. Hopefully we will be able to meet some or all of
      you in the near future.

      Sometime this summer I hope to have everything unpacked and be able
      to get back to working on the optics and my vacuum chamber but that
      will have to be a secondary priority for the near future.

      Amarillo, here we come!

      Ken Hunter
    • Jim Fitch
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 13, 2003
        Ken,

        That's great news! I look forward to your arrival. Keep us posted.
      • bob_hill12000
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 14, 2003
          Very deiniately looking forward to meeting you. Just watch out for Mr.
          Fitch, he is already trying to figure out how he can "volunteer" a
          small corner of his lot to install a 24" cassegrain. ;-)
        • bob_hill12000
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 14, 2003
            deiniately

            I definitely need to learn how to type definitly.
          • bob_hill12000
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 14, 2003

              > I definitely need to learn how to type definitly.

              I think that I'll quit while I am behind.
            • Jim Fitch
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 15, 2003
                I rezemble that! And I was going to clean up that corner of the place
                anyway!

                BWT, we better all watch Bob....
              • Ken Hunter
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 15, 2003
                  --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Very deiniately looking forward to meeting you. Just watch out for
                  Mr.
                  > Fitch, he is already trying to figure out how he can "volunteer" a
                  > small corner of his lot to install a 24" cassegrain. ;-)

                  I wonder where he's planning on getting a 24 inch Cass? Not from me I
                  hope... I don't plan on reducing the size of my blank by 2-1/2
                  inches... even for Jim.

                  Ken Hunter
                • quarkcsj
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 16, 2003
                    Hey Ken,

                    I have a house for sale in Amarillo. It's 2 miles outside the city
                    limits on the southeast side. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, on 2
                    lots, $124,900.

                    Carey

                    --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hunter"
                    <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000
                    > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > Very deiniately looking forward to meeting you. Just watch out
                    for
                    > Mr.
                    > > Fitch, he is already trying to figure out how he can "volunteer"
                    > > small corner of his lot to install a 24" cassegrain. ;-)
                    >
                    > I wonder where he's planning on getting a 24 inch Cass? Not from me
                    > hope... I don't plan on reducing the size of my blank by 2-1/2
                    > inches... even for Jim.
                    >
                    > Ken Hunter
                  • Ken Hunter
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 16, 2003
                      Hi Carey,

                      Thanks for getting in touch with me about this. I am interested in
                      gettina a place there and would like some more information. Do you
                      have photo's? I'm currently living in a 3000+ sq ft Log home @ story
                      with full finished workshop basement. Additionally there is an
                      attached garage and a 24X40 ft steel pole barn on 3 acres. We're
                      about 12 miles from town now and would be looking for something very
                      similar. I need to have a LARGE workshop or the room and ability to
                      build one. I will not consider moving to an area where there are deed
                      restrictions on out buildings etc.

                      Ken Hunter

                      In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, quarkcsj <no_reply@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > Hey Ken,
                      >
                      > I have a house for sale in Amarillo. It's 2 miles outside the city
                      > limits on the southeast side. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, on
                      2
                      > lots, $124,900.
                      >
                      > Carey
                      >

                      > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hunter"
                      > <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:
                      > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000
                      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > > > Very deiniately looking forward to meeting you. Just watch out
                      > for
                      > > Mr.
                      > > > Fitch, he is already trying to figure out how he
                      can "volunteer"
                      > > > small corner of his lot to install a 24" cassegrain. ;-)
                      > >
                      > > I wonder where he's planning on getting a 24 inch Cass? Not from
                      me
                      > > hope... I don't plan on reducing the size of my blank by 2-1/2
                      > > inches... even for Jim.
                      > >
                      > > Ken Hunter
                    • Jim Fitch
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 17, 2003
                        Well..... Ok, you can put up a 26.5" Cass, if that's all you have...

                        > hope... I don't plan on reducing the size of my blank by 2-1/2
                        > inches... even for Jim.
                      • tzimmerman50
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 9, 2003
                          Ken,

                          Welcome to Amarillo, TX. Looking forward to seeing you at our club
                          events and meetings. If you need any help with home mortgage
                          questions, please give me a call as my wife may be able to assist and
                          provide some help in this area.

                          Terry Z