Pictures

  • jim_fitch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
      I just noticed that John sneaked a picture of the Moon in. Focus
      looks sharp. What eyepiece was in the scope?
    • johno79121
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2002
        --- In amarilloastronomyclub@y..., "jim_fitch" <jf@a...> wrote:
        > I just noticed that John sneaked a picture of the Moon in. Focus
        > looks sharp. What eyepiece was in the scope?

        It was the little 26mm Kellner eyepiece that came with the 6" Dob
        that I borrowed from a friend ... just waved the camera in front of
        the eyepiece while watching on the camera's LCD screen. The moon is
        the only object I could photograph with that (lack of) technique!
      • nickbtx
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
          Very nice John! You've been holding out on us. I tried the same
          thing with my Mavica but my results weren't as good as yours. Maybe
          I should have you hold the camera!
          Nick