Observing this weekend

  • as_aac
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2013
      Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?

      Alan
    • Pearre Chase
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2013
        Yes, but only Saturday night.....not Friday night.

        --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@...> wrote:

        > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
        >
        > Alan

      • Terry Zimmerman
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 4, 2013
          Me to for possibly Sat assuming wind settles.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jul 4, 2013, at 9:00 PM, <ascruggs@...> wrote:

          > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
          >
          > Alan

        • Michael M
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
            --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@...> wrote:

            > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
            >
            > Alan

            I cant Sat night were doing our 4th of July party. Im planning to set my scopes up for whatever family and friends show up if clear. But if weather is bad any who want are welcome to show up for burgers hotdogs and some fireworks. Shoot me an email if interested.
          • Pearre Chase
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
              Alan:

              What do you think about going to Buffalo Lake, helping Art out with his star party? We could probably stay later if seeing was good.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
                Sorry; said Buffalo lake.....meant Palo Duro Canyon.

                --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Pearre Chase" <pcctex@...> wrote:

                > Alan:
                >
                > What do you think about going to Buffalo Lake, helping Art out with his star party? We could probably stay later if seeing was good.
                >

                > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <texasmanker@> wrote:
                > >

                > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
                > > >
                > > > Alan
                > > >
                > > I cant Sat night were doing our 4th of July party. Im planning to set my scopes up for whatever family and friends show up if clear. But if weather is bad any who want are welcome to show up for burgers hotdogs and some fireworks. Shoot me an email if interested.

              • Arthur Schneider
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
                  Perry: If you can make it that would be great, just tell them you are from the Astro club. Art

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
                    Pearre, after I sent this my plans for this weekend have changed. No longer able to go observing, either tonight or tomorrow (Sat). Plus, I also realized tomorrow night is the observing in the canyon. Oh, well, my Herschel watch is off for another 7 months or so.

                    Alan

                    ---- Pearre Chase <pcctex@...> wrote:
                    > Yes, but only Saturday night.....not Friday night.
                    >

                    > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
                    > >
                    > > Alan

                  • as_aac
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 5, 2013
                      Pearre, it is at Palo Duro Canyon, not Buffalo Lake.

                      Alan

                      ---- Pearre Chase <pcctex@...> wrote:
                      > Alan:
                      >
                      > What do you think about going to Buffalo Lake, helping Art out with his star party? We could probably stay later if seeing was good.
                      >

                      > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <texasmanker@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Weather permitting, is anyone in town this weekend and up for some observing?
                      > > >
                      > > > Alan
                      > > >
                      > > I cant Sat night were doing our 4th of July party. Im planning to set my scopes up for whatever family and friends show up if clear. But if weather is bad any who want are welcome to show up for burgers hotdogs and some fireworks. Shoot me an email if interested.

                    • David Heard
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 6, 2013
                        Art

                        Amy & I had planned on helping out, but it looks like the weather isn't going to hold. We'll see.

                        Dave

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 6, 2013
                          OK Dave, you are welcome to join, the weather is a question?  Art