Need suggestions on a viewing/photo site near Amarillo

  • tx99vette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi, I grew up in Amarillo and planning on a visit in a couple of weeks. I still have a lot of family in the area.

      I am a member of the Fort Worth Astronomical Society.

      I am looking for help on a site near Amarillo to show some family some sites and take some photos. I will be using an Atlas EQG mount and an 8" Newtonian astrograph.

      Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Wayne Morris
    • jim_fitch
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
        Wayne,

        The roadside park on 207 south of Claude is a good location. Great overlook of the canyon as well.

        Jim