Driveway Viewing

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2012
      While not as impressive as last weekend at the roadside park, I've had two good nights of lunar observing out on my driveway.

      I like to start observing the Moon about a half an hour before sunset. The seeing is usually excellent at that time, and the Moon's brightness is not so overpowering. I've also found that the Ethos eyepieces are superb for lunar viewing.

      The highlight of Saturday night was the Straight Wall. Tonight's highlight was the west wall of Sinus Iridum.

      RWA :-)
    • Douglas L. Holeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2012
        My friend and were also able to get some good observing in Saturday night.
        He just recently purchased a 5" Celestron Reflector scope w/ an eye piece
        set and he was itching to try it. So, Saturday evening about 9:30, we head
        to the parking lot of Wildcat Bluff and with the increasing wind, we were
        able to get a good view of Jupiter and her 4 moons, Orions Nebula and 4 of
        the Trapezium stara, a great view of the moon before the wind forced us
        home :-).

        Can't wait to go observing again!

        Douglas L. Holeman