astronomy day

  • jim_fitch
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3 10:24 AM
      The club has access to the group picnic area at BLNWR for astronomy day.If the sky cooperates we should be able to do some solar observing and take a look at some spring/summer galaxies.

      Nothing formal is arranged for food, so bring your own drinks and snacks.

      Hope for good weather!

      Jim
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 14 , May 3 1:00 PM
        The BLNWR...

        Please refresh my memory:

        Is that "Bill's Last Nature Walk Route"?

        or

        the "Big Lake next to the Wide Spot in the Road"

        In either case it sounds like a plan.

        RM
      • Rich
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3 1:06 PM
          Also supposing that it's this Saturday at the place where there are no Bison and no lake.
        • jim_fitch
          Message 4 of 14 , May 4 5:32 PM
            It is, in fact, this Saturday, May 7. The group picnic area is where we meet for the club picnics. I expect a new ranger and his son to show up for a short time.

            See you at the no lake,

            Jim

            --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <crstars@...> wrote:

            > Also supposing that it's this Saturday at the place where there are no Bison and no lake.

          • tzimmerman
            Message 5 of 14 , May 4 5:43 PM
              No Bison and No Lake......but they should have brand spanking new bathrooms

              ________________________________
              It is, in fact, this Saturday, May 7. The group picnic area is where we meet for
              the club picnics. I expect a new ranger and his son to show up for a short time.

              See you at the no lake,

              Jim

              --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <crstars@...> wrote:

              > Also supposing that it's this Saturday at the place where there are no Bison
              >and no lake.

            • Robert
              Message 6 of 14 , May 5 4:05 PM
                Do we have to pay at the gate?

              • ascruggs@suddenlink.net
                Message 7 of 14 , May 5 8:52 PM
                  I'm going to try to get down there before 8PM and gate closure. I doubt I make it during the afternoon, but this is a good idea, Jim. Hope you can make it down for awhile.

                  Alan

                  ---- Robert <robertashcraft@...> wrote:
                  > Do we have to pay at the gate?
                  >

                  > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim_fitch" <jf@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The club has access to the group picnic area at BLNWR for astronomy day.If the sky cooperates we should be able to do some solar observing and take a look at some spring/summer galaxies.
                  > >
                  > > Nothing formal is arranged for food, so bring your own drinks and snacks.
                  > >
                  > > Hope for good weather!
                  > >
                  > > Jim

                • nickbtx
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 5 9:17 PM
                    So, what time are folks planning on showing up?

                    --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim_fitch" <jf@...> wrote:

                    > The club has access to the group picnic area at BLNWR for astronomy day.If the sky cooperates we should be able to do some solar observing and take a look at some spring/summer galaxies.
                    >
                    > Nothing formal is arranged for food, so bring your own drinks and snacks.
                    >
                    > Hope for good weather!
                    >
                    > Jim

                  • jim_fitch
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 6 4:29 PM
                      We do not have to pay to get in, just sing in and put astronomy club.

                      --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robertashcraft@...> wrote:

                      > Do we have to pay at the gate?
                      >

                      > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim_fitch" <jf@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > The club has access to the group picnic area at BLNWR for astronomy day.If the sky cooperates we should be able to do some solar observing and take a look at some spring/summer galaxies.
                      > >
                      > > Nothing formal is arranged for food, so bring your own drinks and snacks.
                      > >
                      > > Hope for good weather!
                      > >
                      > > Jim

                    • jim_fitch
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 6 4:32 PM
                        I'll make it for a little while. Wandering around in the dark with one arm in a sling might not be the smartest move though.

                        Jim

                      • ascruggs@suddenlink.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 6 5:21 PM
                          Nick, I'll be there just before 8PM, hopefully!!!

                          Alan
                          ---- nickbtx <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          > So, what time are folks planning on showing up?
                          >
                          > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim_fitch" <jf@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The club has access to the group picnic area at BLNWR for astronomy day.If the sky cooperates we should be able to do some solar observing and take a look at some spring/summer galaxies.
                          > >
                          > > Nothing formal is arranged for food, so bring your own drinks and snacks.
                          > >
                          > > Hope for good weather!
                          > >
                          > > Jim

                        • nickbtx
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 6 5:29 PM
                            Hmmm, I was planning on leaving about that time. I was thinking this was an afternoon thing.

                          • ascruggs@suddenlink.net
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 6 8:18 PM
                              Jim, do we have the area all day and night, or just during the day?

                              Alan

                              ---- nickbtx <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              > Hmmm, I was planning on leaving about that time. I was thinking this was an afternoon thing.
                              >
                              > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, <ascruggs@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Nick, I'll be there just before 8PM, hopefully!!!
                              > >
                              > > Alan
                              > > ---- nickbtx <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              > > > So, what time are folks planning on showing up?

                            • tzimmerman
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 7 11:40 AM
                                Don't know for sure, but should have all night.   Plan on arriving around
                                4:00pm.   If weather looks good, may plan to stay night.