Caprock Canyons Observing Session

  • jim_fitch
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
      We have most of the sites at the Little Red tent camping area reserved for April 8 and 9. Since the club is paying full price I've scheduled it as a private event. Of course we may still have a few curious folks from the camp etc. show up, but the Moon will likely out last them anyway...

      You should expect to pay $3/day entrance fee.

      Now if we could just get some clear, calm skies.

      Jim
    • ascruggs@suddenlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
        No kidding! I was hoping for a clear, calm night tomorrow, but while it may be mostly clear, it will in no way be calm. Windy conditions expected all night (15-25 mph). Oh well.

        Alan

        ---- jim_fitch <jf@...> wrote:
        > We have most of the sites at the Little Red tent camping area reserved for April 8 and 9. Since the club is paying full price I've scheduled it as a private event. Of course we may still have a few curious folks from the camp etc. show up, but the Moon will likely out last them anyway...
        >
        > You should expect to pay $3/day entrance fee.
        >
        > Now if we could just get some clear, calm skies.
        >
        > Jim

      • Rosemary Schiffman
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
          Where is the Little Red Tent camping area located?? Not familiar with that term.

          Bobby

          ---- jim_fitch <jf@... <mailto:jf%40amaonline.com> > wrote:
          > We have most of the sites at the Little Red tent camping area reserved for April 8 and 9. Since the club is paying full price I've scheduled it as a private event. Of course we may still have a few curious folks from the camp etc. show up, but the Moon will likely out last them anyway...
          >
          > You should expect to pay $3/day entrance fee.
          >
          > Now if we could just get some clear, calm skies.
          >
          > Jim

          =======
          http://free.pctools.com <http://free.pctools.com/?cclick=EmailFooterClean_51>
          =======

          =======
          http://free.pctools.com/
          =======

        • tzimmerman
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
            Bobby,
            Jim may have a map that he can PDF you.  It is a designated camping area inside
            Caprock Canyons park.  The camp hosts at the front gate will have maps.  It is
            located in the NW part of the park if my memory serves me correctly.   Should be
            fun even though I am not sure I will have a kitchen pass to go.   I may need
            go with Shirley to see her sister who is not doing well.

            Big blue hat and cowboy boots....

            ________________________________

            =======

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
              Bobby,

              Go to the parks website. They have a pdf map. The "Little Red" tent camping area is marked.

              Clear skies,

              Jim

              --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Schiffman" <b.schiffman@...> wrote:

              > Where is the Little Red Tent camping area located?? Not familiar with that term.
              >
              > Bobby

            • jim_fitch
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2011
                I just got off the phone with Frieda at Caprock Canyons SP. She said that the park entrance gate does not close. The office will be staffed until 8:00 PM, after that just drive on in to the campsite.

                Jim