Daytime Jupiter

  • quarkcsj
    Message 1 of 297 , Feb 2, 2001
      I got off work a little early today and driving
      home I was looking at the moon coming up in the early
      afternoon; remembering that last night Jupiter and Saturn
      were near the moon, and that I observed Jupiter and
      Saturn from sunrise to noon one day, I thought I would
      give it a try. The time before I had Jupiter in my
      scope at twilight and tracked it with the motor, this
      time I would have to start from scratch. Checking out
      my star program I saw that the Day/Night line on the
      half moon pointed to Jupiter. That made it a lot
      easier. I got out my binoculars and found it in them,
      went to the scope and Wow!, I could even see it in the
      view finder.<br>For those who have never looked at
      Jupiter during the day, I gotta say it looks ominus. I
      could even see the bands. To think that this thing was
      sitting out there in space, big enough and bright enough
      to see during the day was pretty awesome.<br>I've
      got a cool little Java display on my webpage now that
      shows the position of Jupiters moons, red spot, and
      moon shadows. Tonight the red spot will be visible at
      9pm.<br><br>Carey
    • ta_fanatic
      Message 297 of 297 , Feb 3, 2002
        The last eyepiece I'm selling is a Tele Vue 4.8
        mm Nagler. This "gently" used eyepiece is in its
        original box. New copies cost upwards of $150 or more. I
        will let this one go for $60. First come, first
        served! This completes my eyepiece sell-off. I'm keeping
        the 35 Panoptic, 40 and 55 Plossl, and 20 Nagler II.