Observing Weekend

  • jim_fitch
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      There are a couple of observing opportunities this weekend.

      The first is a Wildcat Bluff Public session with the AC astronomy class. Art, Rich and Jim Rhodes have set this up and want to invite the rest of us to participate. I'm planning to be there about sundown.

      The second opportunity is Saturday night at the Roadside Park. The forecast keeps being modified, so we'll have to see. Right now it looks like the wind will not be a factor, but there may be some clouds and it will be cold.

      Any thoughts?

      Jim
    • David McGaughy
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
        can we assume that the wildcat bluff session is on Friday?

        On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, jim_fitch <jf@...> wrote:
        > There are a couple of observing opportunities this weekend.
        >
        > The first is a Wildcat Bluff Public session with the AC astronomy class. Art, Rich and Jim Rhodes have set this up and want to invite the rest of us to participate. I'm planning to be there about sundown.
        >
        > The second opportunity is Saturday night at the Roadside Park. The forecast keeps being modified, so we'll have to see. Right now it looks like the wind will not be a factor, but there may be some clouds and it will be cold.
        >
        > Any thoughts?
        >
        > Jim

      • jim_fitch
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
          Yes, for those of you who can't read my mind, the Wildcat Bluff session is on Friday. (Tena can ignore this post.)

          Jim

          --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, David McGaughy <mistersampo@...> wrote:

          > can we assume that the wildcat bluff session is on Friday?
          >
          > On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, jim_fitch <jf@...> wrote:
          > > There are a couple of observing opportunities this weekend.
          > >
          > > The first is a Wildcat Bluff Public session with the AC astronomy class. Art, Rich and Jim Rhodes have set this up and want to invite the rest of us to participate. I'm planning to be there about sundown.
          > >
          > > The second opportunity is Saturday night at the Roadside Park. The forecast keeps being modified, so we'll have to see. Right now it looks like the wind will not be a factor, but there may be some clouds and it will be cold.
          > >
          > > Any thoughts?
          > >
          > > Jim

        • Terry Zimmerman
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
            I plan on being there tomorrow night also

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 2, 2010, at 9:27 AM, "jim_fitch" <jf@...> wrote:

            > Yes, for those of you who can't read my mind, the Wildcat Bluff session is on Friday. (Tena can ignore this post.)
            >
            > Jim
            >
            > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, David McGaughy <mistersampo@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > can we assume that the wildcat bluff session is on Friday?
            > >
            > > On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, jim_fitch <jf@...> wrote:
            > > > There are a couple of observing opportunities this weekend.
            > > >
            > > > The first is a Wildcat Bluff Public session with the AC astronomy class. Art, Rich and Jim Rhodes have set this up and want to invite the rest of us to participate. I'm planning to be there about sundown.
            > > >
            > > > The second opportunity is Saturday night at the Roadside Park. The forecast keeps being modified, so we'll have to see. Right now it looks like the wind will not be a factor, but there may be some clouds and it will be cold.
            > > >
            > > > Any thoughts?
            > > >
            > > > Jim

          • jim_fitch
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
              As anyone who has looked up can tell, we are not going to observe any thing further away than the cloud deck. Wildcat bluff is a bust.

              Tomorrow's forcast is not looking to great either. Maybe the front will move on through and leave some sky.

              Jim

            • ascruggs@suddenlink.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010
                Here's hoping for clear, somewhat calm skies tomorrow evening.

                Alan