Weather Gods

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
      We must find a way to appease the weather gods. They have shown that they are vastly more powerful than the astronomy gods (that includes Barbara Wilson). So does anyone have a Tasco product that they would be willing to donate to be sacrificed on the altar?

      Then again, the weather gods might not accept so trivial a sacrifice. In fact, we run the risk that they would be deeply offended, and we would have 365 more days of winter and seven more years of Obama.

      Any suggestions for a sacrifice worthy of the gods?

      RWA ;-)
    • Alan Scruggs
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
        Yes, the 30" Obsession!!!!! In our club, there can be no finer sacrifice!
        So if Jim will simply give me the telescope (a sacrifice for him to be
        sure!!!), I bet the skies will clear up in no time.

        Alan

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
          Certainly worth a try! How about it, Jim?

          :-)

          --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Scruggs" <ascruggs@...> wrote:

          > Yes, the 30" Obsession!!!!! In our club, there can be no finer sacrifice!
          > So if Jim will simply give me the telescope (a sacrifice for him to be
          > sure!!!), I bet the skies will clear up in no time.
          >
          > Alan

        • Bobette Doerrie
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
            The weather gods are obviously listening to the farmers, and we farmers finally have the inside track. If the sacrifices (especially the 30" Obsession, and remember Tasco products will just offend the gurus) are laid on our front porch or placed on the alternate altar, the John Deere tractor, we will consent to plead for clear weather. Beside, you should see the ceremony!

            Bobette Doerrie
            13925 C.R. B
            Booker, TX 79005
            806-658-2264

            We must find a way to appease the weather gods. They have shown that they are vastly more powerful than the astronomy gods (that includes Barbara Wilson). So does anyone have a Tasco product that they would be willing to donate to be sacrificed on the altar?

            Then again, the weather gods might not accept so trivial a sacrifice. In fact, we run the risk that they would be deeply offended, and we would have 365 more days of winter and seven more years of Obama.

            Any suggestions for a sacrifice worthy of the gods?

            RWA ;-)

          • Bobby and Rosemary Schiffman
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
              Greetings
              If buying the 30" telescope gets us 30" of moisture, most of which flows into Lake Merideth, and causes the fire danger to decrease, I can live with that. I might even buy a TeleVue eyepiece to enhance the chances of more moisture.
              Bobby

            • Bobette Doerrie
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
                That does up the ante! You set high goals for the weather gods, but I think they can be bribed...Humm, an inch for an inch is a new idea!

                Bobette Doerrie
                13925 C.R. B
                Booker, TX 79005
                806-658-2264

                If buying the 30" telescope gets us 30" of moisture, most of which flows into Lake Merideth, and causes the fire danger to decrease, I can live with that. I might even buy a TeleVue eyepiece to enhance the chances of more moisture.
                Bobby

              • bob_hill12000
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
                  Sarah Palin

                  --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robertashcraft@...> wrote:

                  > We must find a way to appease the weather gods. They have shown that they are vastly more powerful than the astronomy gods (that includes Barbara Wilson). So does anyone have a Tasco product that they would be willing to donate to be sacrificed on the altar?
                  >
                  > Then again, the weather gods might not accept so trivial a sacrifice. In fact, we run the risk that they would be deeply offended, and we would have 365 more days of winter and seven more years of Obama.
                  >
                  > Any suggestions for a sacrifice worthy of the gods?
                  >
                  > RWA ;-)

                • crstars2002
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
                    You Betcha...!

                    --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > Sarah Palin
                    >
                    > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robertashcraft@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > We must find a way to appease the weather gods. They have shown that they are vastly more powerful than the astronomy gods (that includes Barbara Wilson). So does anyone have a Tasco product that they would be willing to donate to be sacrificed on the altar?
                    > >
                    > > Then again, the weather gods might not accept so trivial a sacrifice. In fact, we run the risk that they would be deeply offended, and we would have 365 more days of winter and seven more years of Obama.
                    > >
                    > > Any suggestions for a sacrifice worthy of the gods?
                    > >
                    > > RWA ;-)

                  • Terrill Bartlett
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
                      I do not care who or what party you are.. this is funny

                      Scroll down
                      Awww... c'mon, it's ok.........you

                      Democrats have some lookers, too...

                      On 2/9/10 9:57 AM, "crstars2002" <microtron_inc@...> wrote:

                      > You Betcha...!
                      >
                      > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com
                      > <mailto:amarilloastronomyclub%40yahoogroups.com> , bob_hill12000
                      > <no_reply@...> wrote:
                      >> >

                      >> > Sarah Palin
                      >> >
                      >> > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com
                      >> <mailto:amarilloastronomyclub%40yahoogroups.com> , "Robert" <robertashcraft@>

                      >>> they are vastly more powerful than the astronomy gods (that includes Barbara
                      >>> Wilson). So does anyone have a Tasco product that they would be willing to
                      >>> donate to be sacrificed on the altar?

                      >>> In fact, we run the risk that they would be deeply offended, and we would
                      >>> have 365 more days of winter and seven more years of Obama.

                    • Terrill Bartlett
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
                        > Well darn...it¹s funnier when the pictures come across. :-(

                      • bob_hill12000
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 9, 2010
                          Just post it in the photos.