Perseid shower

  • jimbobr2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
      Anyone going out for the Perseid viewing???
      Maybe to the Claude Hiway curve??

      Jim R
    • aschneid@arn.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
        Hi jim; I am watching from the BD lands. Been real busy. Art
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
          Art,
          I guess you don't want to drive out to the curve then!??

          We're doing okay here (HOT) I hope all is well there.

          Regards,
          Jim

          Hi jim; I am watching from the BD lands. Been real busy. Art
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Anyone going out for the Perseid viewing???
          Maybe to the Claude Hiway curve??

          Jim R

        • Bobby and Rosemary Schiffman
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
            Well, I watched from 23:45 until 00:20. Count--0.
            Bobby

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 12, 2009
              Bobby

              I was out at the same time and didn't see any either but admittedly, I
              wasn't looking very hard. I had a Nagler stuck in my eye most of the night.

              Terrill

              --- On Tue, 8/11/09, aschneid@... <mailto:aschneid%40arn.net>

              From: aschneid@... <mailto:aschneid%40arn.net> <aschneid@...
              <mailto:aschneid%40arn.net> >
              To: amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:amarilloastronomyclub%40yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 5:40 PM

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13, 2009
                Jim: we saw about 30 per hour,some real bright here. Take care . Art
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2009
                  Art,
                  I was out for about two hours until 12:30...  Saw none!!!

                  U must have better skys there..

                  Hope all is going well.

                  Regards,
                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 17, 2009
                    Jim; it must be that we were closer to the Perseids here. Hope you all have a great time at the picnic? Art
                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    Jim: we saw about 30 per hour,some real bright here. Take care . Art
                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    Hi jim; I am watching from the BD lands. Been real busy. Art
                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    Anyone going out for the Perseid viewing???
                    Maybe to the Claude Hiway curve??

                    Jim R

                  • tzimmerman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 17, 2009
                      Awe...it is probably that 24" "Great Attractor" that Art carries around.   It attract everything from space rocks, to amatuer astronomers, to public observers, and eyeballs....(grin).  Hope you are having a great time Art!!

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 12, 2010
                        Anyone going out to view the shower???
                        If so, where are you going?