Palo Duro Canyon this weekend

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2009
      Who all is planning on going down for Saturday night? Just curious. My Saturday is very busy, but I still may be able to make it down.

      Alan
    • Micro-Tron Inc
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2009
        Good question Alan.

        Right now there are two who are signed up on the list on our website.

        Just a reminder to everyone to use the tools that are available.

        Log in and go to the Claude tonight area to see who is going and/or put your name there.

        Just a note. There seems to be a small bug in the program that will not let you put your name on the list on the same day as the event.
        I will see if I can fix that ASAP.

        That is also the list that sends out the email reminders.

        See you there Saturday.

        Rich

        To: amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: ascruggs@...
        Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:07:27 +0000
        Subject: [Amarillo Astronomy Club] Palo Duro Canyon this weekend

        Who all is planning on going down for Saturday night? Just curious. My Saturday is very busy, but I still may be able to make it down.

        Alan

      • Jenn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2009
          I can't find any information on this or where to sign up. I may be able to drive down from OK, if I can get the info quick.
          I am a beginner in this, so I really need info on what I would need to bring and where to go.
          Silly stuff like that, just to get to the real fun... watching the stars... ;) Jenn

          To: amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: ascruggs@...
          Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:07:27 +0000

          Who all is planning on going down for Saturday night? Just curious. My Saturday is very busy, but I still may be able to make it down.

          Alan
        • Arthur Schneider
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
            Hello Jenn: You really don't need anything, we have the telescopes.
            Just drive to Palo Duro Canyon, and tell them you are going to the star
            party. It is located in the Juniper picnic area. You can look it up
            under State Parks or get a map when you get there. Note: if the
            weather is cloudy or raining it will be canceled. Regards, Art
            Schneider, Amarillo Astronomy Club.

            <mailto:amarilloastronomyclub%40yahoogroups.com> ub@yahoogroups.com,

            To: amarilloastronomycl <mailto:amarilloastronomyclub%40yahoogroups.com>
            ub@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
              Thanks for the replies. I am really looking forward to joining everyone this weekend. I really hope it is clear.
              I am also hoping to learn too. See you all there on Sat (hopefully if the weather works with us).

              Jenn