Observing Sat Evening?? Lulin, etc.

  • stargazerart
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2009
      Any of you folks thinking about the roadside for Sat night? Looks like
      Fri. night will be pretty breezy, Sat. night is forecast to be calmer
      by quite chilly. Lulin should be very good, however. If enough are
      interested, I am in. Art
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2009
        Hi Art

        I recently signed up and am thinking about jumping into this hobby that
        I have long admired. If your willing to give up some veiw time and
        answer a few newbie questions, I'd like to show up with you for awhile.
        It would be me my wife and maybe a daughter who has interest in
        Astronomy. My e-mail is texasmanker@... or my cell is 570-6658.

        Thanks Mike McAllister
      • bob_hill12000
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 20, 2009
          --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "stargazerart"
          <aschneid@...> wrote:

          > Any of you folks thinking about the roadside for Sat night? Looks like
          > Fri. night will be pretty breezy, Sat. night is forecast to be calmer
          > by quite chilly. Lulin should be very good, however. If enough are
          > interested, I am in. Art

          I am game for either roadside or Buffalo Lake. Tried the lake last
          night and forgot that it closes at 6 this time of the year.

          Bob
        • aschneid
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20, 2009
            OK Bob, lets' see how the weather stacks up for tomorrow evening. Art

            > Any of you folks thinking about the roadside for Sat night? Looks like

            > Fri. night will be pretty breezy, Sat. night is forecast to be calmer
            > by quite chilly. Lulin should be very good, however. If enough are
            > interested, I am in. Art

            I am game for either roadside or Buffalo Lake. Tried the lake last
            night and forgot that it closes at 6 this time of the year.

            Bob

          • Jim Fitch
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 21, 2009
              So, are you guys thinking the roadside park? I may not be up for an all-
              nighter.

              Mike, do you know how to get there?

              Jim
            • aschneid
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 21, 2009
                Hi Jim: I am heading for the roadside for sure. Terry Z. has a bad
                cold, I think Bob is going. The comet is up by midnight so we do not
                need an all nighter. Hope you can make it. I'll send directions to
                Mike as well. Art

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 21, 2009
                  Thanks Art. Sounds like a plan.

                  Jim
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 21, 2009
                    I don't know where the roadside park is. Well maybe I do, but not sure
                    which one. Let me know where and what time and all and I'll be there.

                    --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@...>
                    wrote:

                    > So, are you guys thinking the roadside park? I may not be up for an
                    all-
                    > nighter.
                    >
                    > Mike, do you know how to get there?
                    >
                    > Jim

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 21, 2009
                      Never mind. Just checked my e-mail. I know the park and will be there.
                      Thanks.

                      --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <texasmanker@...>