C/1999 T1 (McNaught-Hartley)

  • quarkcsj
    Message 1 of 297 , Jan 5, 2001
      I found the comet this morning at 5:30am. It's
      reported to be magnitude 7.8. Perihelion was Dec. 13 at
      1.17AU. It will dim as it heads for the pole. It will be
      closest to Earth on Feb. 2 at 1.287
      10 times the size of the star next to it. The tail
      was flared out in all directions but not far from an
      almost stellar center point making it look almost like a
      globular. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow, weather
      permitting.<br><br>Carey
    • ta_fanatic
      Message 297 of 297 , Feb 3, 2002
        The last eyepiece I'm selling is a Tele Vue 4.8
        mm Nagler. This "gently" used eyepiece is in its
        original box. New copies cost upwards of $150 or more. I
        will let this one go for $60. First come, first
        served! This completes my eyepiece sell-off. I'm keeping
        the 35 Panoptic, 40 and 55 Plossl, and 20 Nagler II.