Re: [Amarillo Astronomy Club] Orchard Ladder

  • Reagan Herman
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
      I didn't know you could grow trees in the panhandle...

      --- tzimmerman <tzimmermn@...> wrote:

      > When did you get into the orchard business? What
      > kind of fruit are you selling? (grin) Terry
      >
      > Jim Fitch <jf@...> wrote: Is
      > anyone planning to get an orchard ladder? The
      > shipping is $99 for 1
      > to 6 ladders. An 8' ladder with 8" spacing between
      > steps is $213. A 6'
      > ladder with 8" steps is $182. It would be nice to
      > split shipping....

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jim Fitch
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
        May no good deed go unpunished.... And may a camel.....

        > I didn't know you could grow trees in the panhandle...
        >
        > --- tzimmerman <tzimmermn@...> wrote:
        >
        > > When did you get into the orchard business? What
        > > kind of fruit are you selling? (grin) Terry
        > >
        > > Jim Fitch <jf@...> wrote: Is
        > > anyone planning to get an orchard ladder? The
        > > shipping is $99 for 1
        > > to 6 ladders. An 8' ladder with 8" spacing between
        > > steps is $213. A 6'
        > > ladder with 8" steps is $182. It would be nice to
        > > split shipping....

        > > removed]

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • nickbtx
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
          If I hadn't seen the neat idea about adding steps between steps at Okie-
          Tex, I'd be all over this. Thanks for asking!

          --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
            Nick,
            Are you getting into the orchard business to?

            --- nickbtx <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > If I hadn't seen the neat idea about adding steps
            > between steps at Okie-
            > Tex, I'd be all over this. Thanks for asking!
            >

            > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
            > Fitch" <jf@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Is anyone planning to get an orchard ladder? The
            > shipping is $99 for
            > 1
            > > to 6 ladders. An 8' ladder with 8" spacing between
            > steps is $213. A
            > 6'
            > > ladder with 8" steps is $182. It would be nice to
            > split shipping....

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • bob_hill12000
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 8, 2006
              Finished my ladder today. Removed the first and third rung, and added
              two rungs in each space at 8" intervals. The other half (side 2?)
              remains at 12" intervals, so now I've got a choice.

              --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, nickbtx <no_reply@...>

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 8, 2006
                Band saw - $99.00
                1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood - $14.00
                Wood glue $5.99
                Building your own truss tube split blocks - priceless!

                Reagan

                --- bob_hill12000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > Finished my ladder today. Removed the first and
                > third rung, and added
                > two rungs in each space at 8" intervals. The other
                > half (side 2?)
                > remains at 12" intervals, so now I've got a choice.

                > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com,
                > nickbtx <no_reply@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > If I hadn't seen the neat idea about adding steps
                > between steps at Okie-
                > > Tex, I'd be all over this. Thanks for asking!
                > >

                > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim
                > Fitch" <jf@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Is anyone planning to get an orchard ladder? The
                > shipping is $99 for
                > > 1
                > > > to 6 ladders. An 8' ladder with 8" spacing
                > between steps is $213. A
                > > 6'
                > > > ladder with 8" steps is $182. It would be nice
                > to split shipping....

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Jim Fitch
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 10, 2006
                  Wow! Bob goes both ways!

                  --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000
                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Finished my ladder today. Removed the first and third rung, and
                  added
                  > two rungs in each space at 8" intervals. The other half (side 2?)
                  > remains at 12" intervals, so now I've got a choice.

                  > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, nickbtx <no_reply@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If I hadn't seen the neat idea about adding steps between steps
                  at Okie-
                  > > Tex, I'd be all over this. Thanks for asking!
                  > >

                  > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Is anyone planning to get an orchard ladder? The shipping is
                  $99 for
                  > > 1
                  > > > to 6 ladders. An 8' ladder with 8" spacing between steps is
                  $213. A
                  > > 6'
                  > > > ladder with 8" steps is $182. It would be nice to split
                  shipping....

                • bob_hill12000
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 10, 2006
                    Grrr... counted your trusses lately?

                    --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@...> wrote:

                    > Wow! Bob goes both ways!
                    >
                    > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, bob_hill12000
                    > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Finished my ladder today. Removed the first and third rung, and
                    > added
                    > > two rungs in each space at 8" intervals. The other half (side 2?)
                    > > remains at 12" intervals, so now I've got a choice.

                    > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, nickbtx <no_reply@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > If I hadn't seen the neat idea about adding steps between steps
                    > at Okie-
                    > > > Tex, I'd be all over this. Thanks for asking!
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In amarilloastronomyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Fitch" <jf@>

                    > $99 for
                    > > > 1
                    > $213. A
                    > > > 6'
                    > shipping....

                  • Bobby and Rosemary Schiffman
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
                      A guy that goes both ways asking about truss poles. :) Dare we pursue this further?? :) Toooo much "coded" information. :)
                      Smile and keep looking up.