flashing strobe N. of BLNWR

  • here_tx
    Message 1 of 297 , Sep 1, 2000
      The new flashing strobe light north of BLNWR is
      on a tower belonging to El Paso Natural Gas. The
      company has another tower with red lights on the same
      site. The tower with the red light is in accordance
      with FAA rules, but the tower with the flashing strobe
      is not. The FAA requires the lights on towers and
      other tall structures and provides regulations
      concerning the lights. I have contacted El Paso Natural Gas
      and politely asked them to change the flashing strobe
      to either red at night or reduced intensity per
      applicable FAA rules. (For your info I did not identify
      myself as a member of this club. I did identify myself
      as a local resident who drives highway 60.) Before
      calling El Paso Natural Gas, I download the applicable
      FAA regulations on the subject, which are AC number
      70/7460-1K (54 pages) and AC number 150/5345-43-E (18
      pages). The letter at the end indicates the version.
      70/7460 was updated in August 2000 and supports red
      lights at night. If you want copies of the regulations
      or an extract from either, I will e-mail them to
      you. <br>Let's see what El Paso Natural Gas does about
      my polite request.
    • ta_fanatic
      Message 297 of 297 , Feb 3 11:43 AM
        The last eyepiece I'm selling is a Tele Vue 4.8
        mm Nagler. This "gently" used eyepiece is in its
        original box. New copies cost upwards of $150 or more. I
        will let this one go for $60. First come, first
        served! This completes my eyepiece sell-off. I'm keeping
        the 35 Panoptic, 40 and 55 Plossl, and 20 Nagler II.