Re: [Amarillo Astronomy Club] Re: local Dr. request help (building a scope)

  • Reagan Herman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hey Terry (and all),
      I knew I could count on Terry....
      Here's my laundry list:
      3" x 1.5" x 1/4" chanel (1 pc 3" long).
      1.5" x 1.5" x 1/4" angle (2 pc about 3"long.
      Tubing should be 1.5" OD and 1.25" ID (about 4.5"
      long).
      4 each roller bearings 10mm OD 3mm ID. Local hardware
      store wanted $8.60 apiece. I hear you can salvage them
      out of old computer cooling fans (if any one has any
      of those laying around). New cooling fans might be
      cheaper...
      Brass rod - ~5/16" dia. (only need a couple of inches)
      3mm silver steel shaft ~3" long
      Bring out your scrap...make your wives happy by
      cleaning the junk out of the garage.
      Reagan
      --- tzimmerman <tzimmermn@...> wrote:

      > I have a few pieces of angle and chanel laying
      > around, no tubing though. I could probably let it
      > go for $29 for a 3 ft. piece. (grin). Let me know
      > what you are looking for. By the way, would it be
      > called a Crayford focuser, or would it be called a
      > "Reagan" focuser if you built it? Looking forward
      > to seeing your scope all done.
      >
      > Terry
      >
      > Reagan Herman <reaganherman@...> wrote:
      > Less frightening? I think we're a pretty comical
      > looking lot. Mostly harmless.
      > I'm still plugging away at the scope I'm building
      > for
      > Caitlyn.
      > I have a wild hair to build a Crayford focuser. I
      > found plans on a South African Astronomical Society
      > web page.
      > I need some aluminum angle, channel and tubing. Does
      > anyone know of a source that wont insist on selling
      > 4'
      > pieces at $30 a pop. I could get buy with scrap
      > pieces
      > a few of inches long.
      > Reagan
      >
      > --- Jim Fitch <jf@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I sent a short reply to the Doc. I'm always amazed
      > > to find people who
      > > are doing things like this on their own. We need
      > > be more visible or
      > > appear less frightening or something.... I hope we
      > > get a chance to look
      > > at (and through) his mirror sometime soon.
      > >

      > __________________________________
      > http://brand.yahoo.com/cybergivingweek2005/

      > Custom photo album Wedding photo albums
      > Dvd photo album Digital photo album
      > Personalized photo album Astronomy gift

      > to:

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > removed]

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • tzimmerman
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2006
        I should have the 1.5" x 1.5" x 1/4" angle. I don't believe I can help on the other items.

        Reagan Herman <reaganherman@...> wrote: Hey Terry (and all),