Makefile bug prevents building outside of source tree

  • Lyndon Nerenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2010
      There's a tiny bug in the top level Makefile that prevents building
      outside the source tree. Patch attached. (Is there a dedicated address for
      submitting bugs?)

      --lyndon
    • Dustin J. Mitchell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2010
        On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@...> wrote:
        > There's a tiny bug in the top level Makefile that prevents building outside
        > the source tree. Patch attached. (Is there a dedicated address for
        > submitting bugs?)

        The patch is perfect, and this is exactly the right place to send
        patches (other options are github pull requests and private email,
        although I prefer to do things i the open as much as possible).

        Since this is a one-liner, I'll get this committed straight away. If
        you send along any longer patches, please also let me know how you'd
        like them licensed, so I can make the proper notation in AUTHORS -
        http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Licensing_your_Contribution.

        My addition of installcheck/catalogs/*.cat has broken the ability to
        run checks from outside the source directory, so I'll work on fixing
        that up, too.

        Dustin

        --
        Open Source Storage Engineer