Hello is any one monitoring this group?

  • Roy V
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hello, is some one monitoring this group?
      I am in the process of cleaning out my inactive groups, I want to keep this group but it has been inactive for too long so if you read this please let me know you are out there, Thanks.
    • Jody Harris
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2010
        I'm still out there.
        ----
        - Think carefully.
        - Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
        - Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)

        On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Roy V <in4me@...> wrote:

        > Hello, is some one monitoring this group?
        > I am in the process of cleaning out my inactive groups, I want to keep this
        > group but it has been inactive for too long so if you read this please let
        > me know you are out there, Thanks.

      • Perki88
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2010
          I'm still here, too.

          DG
        • Perki88
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2010
            I'm still here, too.

            DG
          • Jody Harris
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 2, 2010
              DG!
              ----

              On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:

              > I'm still here, too.
              >
              > DG

            • Perki88
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                Yep, I keep and eye on things!

                DG

                --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, Jody Harris <havoc@...> wrote:

                > DG!
                > ----
                > - Think carefully.
                > - Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
                > - Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)
                >

                > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:
                >

                > > I'm still here, too.
                > >
                > > DG

              • Jody Harris
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                  DG,

                  It's been years since there was any activity around here.

                  What are you shooting? Do you have an online photo presence somewhere. I
                  want to see your progress. Last I remember, you were making better, faster
                  progress than the rest of the list combined. I want to see some of your
                  shots!

                  jody
                  ----

                  On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:

                  > Yep, I keep and eye on things!
                  >
                  > DG
                  >
                  > --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, Jody Harris <havoc@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > DG!
                  > > ----
                  > > - Think carefully.
                  > > - Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
                  > > - Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of
                  > Hippo)
                  > >

                  > > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > I'm still here, too.
                  > > >
                  > > > DG

                • Perki88
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
                    Well I see you found me on Flickr! Long time no talk. I'm always striving to learn and improve. I joined a local camera club and I give them a lot of praise for raising the bar.

                    What's up with you?

                    DG

                    --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, Jody Harris <havoc@...> wrote:

                    > DG,
                    >
                    > It's been years since there was any activity around here.
                    >
                    > What are you shooting? Do you have an online photo presence somewhere. I
                    > want to see your progress. Last I remember, you were making better, faster
                    > progress than the rest of the list combined. I want to see some of your
                    > shots!
                    >
                    > jody
                    > ----
                  • Jody Harris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 10, 2010
                      DG,

                      I've been trying to figure out how to answer, "What's up with [me]?"

                      I guess this list really went to pot when we all started getting digital
                      cameras. So, I got a Canon EOS 10D back in '03, burned it down in just 3
                      years. Went without a camera all together until April '09. In April I
                      upgraded to a Canon EOS 5D Mark II. (Love!)

                      A couple weeks ago, I discovered a problem with my 24-85mm lens. Part of the
                      internal lens coating has flaked off. I'm trying to a) figure out how to
                      finance a lens replacement, and b) spending time learning to shoot my
                      70-200mm again. I've spent almost all of my time shooting wide-angle lately,
                      and that has been my better work.

                      Also, I took a two year hiatus from working for myself to work at a small
                      Christian school in Roswell. That was an interesting experience.

                      I really enjoyed your work on Flickr. It was neat to see another side of the
                      things I spent this year shooting in northern New Mexico.

                      jody
                      ----
                      - Think carefully.
                      - Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
                      - Credo ut intelligam - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)

                      On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:

                      > Well I see you found me on Flickr! Long time no talk. I'm always striving
                      > to learn and improve. I joined a local camera club and I give them a lot of
                      > praise for raising the bar.
                      >
                      > What's up with you?
                      >
                      > DG
                      >
                      > --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, Jody Harris <havoc@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > DG,
                      > >
                      > > It's been years since there was any activity around here.
                      > >
                      > > What are you shooting? Do you have an online photo presence somewhere. I
                      > > want to see your progress. Last I remember, you were making better,
                      > faster
                      > > progress than the rest of the list combined. I want to see some of your
                      > > shots!
                      > >
                      > > jody
                      > > ----

                    • Perki88
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
                        Nice to be in touch again, but I am totally jealous over your camera! I am trying to justify getting one. As far as your lenses, do you have a "nifty fifty"? Well worth having. When I had my SRT-101 that was my only lens forever. Feet were the zoom.

                        My first digital was a mistake from QVC for $100. No LCD, harsh, 12 pictures..about 1999. In 2001 I bought an Olympus 3040Z for $699!! 3.1 megs. I still have it, it still works and with no IR block it is good to play with. I have my first DSLR a Canon 300D which I keep for back up, my 40D Canon g-10 that travels everywhere I go. My old 30D spends a lot of time in Israel with an archeologist friend of mine. :-(

                        Next trade up I am tempted to sell the 300D.; I had kept it for it's light weight but now the G10 is portable.

                        I really enjoyed New Mexico, looking to go back to explore the southern area.

                        DG
                      • Jody Harris
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
                          The 5Dii is a dream! The down sides of this body:
                          - I can't use my ancient (and dearly loved) 28-105mm USM because the sensor
                          shows every defect in the glass. (!) Something I never had any trouble with
                          on the old A2e body and film or the 10D.
                          - I had to double the RAM in my notebook from 2GB to 4GB (now maxed out)
                          because the 14-bit 21 megapixel images were crippling my poor little (dual
                          core!) computer. (!)
                          - I am going to have to replace the primary drives in my desktop because I
                          can walk out the front door and shoot 2GB of images in just a few minutes.
                          Shooting RAW is oh, so worth the trouble when you're shooting outside with
                          our sun.

                          When you come to NM, let me know. We'll treat you and yours to Dinner in
                          "our neck of the woods." I kid you not, we have one of the best little
                          Italian food joints in our tiny town within 300 miles. Ever have green chili
                          in your Italian food? Yummy!

                          Oh, I got an 11x17 copy of this (on Kodak Edura Lustre) for my Sweetwife for
                          Valentine's day:
                          http://www.galacticslacker.com/images/eos5d2/IMG_6736-1.jpg

                          (It's a picture of "Two of her favorite Things.")

                          Jody
                          ----

                          On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:

                          > Nice to be in touch again, but I am totally jealous over your camera! I am
                          > trying to justify getting one. As far as your lenses, do you have a "nifty
                          > fifty"? Well worth having. When I had my SRT-101 that was my only lens
                          > forever. Feet were the zoom.
                          >
                          > My first digital was a mistake from QVC for $100. No LCD, harsh, 12
                          > pictures..about 1999. In 2001 I bought an Olympus 3040Z for $699!! 3.1 megs.
                          > I still have it, it still works and with no IR block it is good to play
                          > with. I have my first DSLR a Canon 300D which I keep for back up, my 40D
                          > Canon g-10 that travels everywhere I go. My old 30D spends a lot of time in
                          > Israel with an archeologist friend of mine. :-(
                          >

                          > Next trade up I am tempted to sell the 300D.; I had kept it for it's light
                          > weight but now the G10 is portable.
                          >

                          > I really enjoyed New Mexico, looking to go back to explore the southern
                          > area.
                          >
                          > DG

                        • Perki88
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
                            Your wife should be very happy with that picture! Ahhh, I recall when my girls were that young!

                            When we went to NM last time we were given a tour by a member of the Enchanted Lens Camera Club!

                            I just might take you up on that offer!Meanwhile, should you and your family ever get to the NY Metro area, New Jersey, I'll show you what real pizza is!