Hello

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 8, 2008
      I am Brand new to the group as well as Photography. I am interested in
      Wildlife and Nature shooting. I am wanting to purchase a camera but am
      not sure what rout to go.if anyone has any ideas oplease feel free to
      let me know. Thank you all

      Jake
    • Larry
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 12, 2008
        Hi Jake,

        My wife and I love our EOS 40D from Cannon.

        We have several lenses that we can switch out and it has given us excellent shots.
        Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone with SprintSpeed

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 15, 2008
          More important than the camera are the lenses for this type of work. A
          nice quality wide for landscapes and for wildlife you'll need a fast
          long telephoto..300mm or more.

          DG
          --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, "Jake" <madbjorn@...> wrote:

          > I am Brand new to the group as well as Photography. I am interested in
          > Wildlife and Nature shooting. I am wanting to purchase a camera but am
          > not sure what rout to go.if anyone has any ideas oplease feel free to
          > let me know. Thank you all
          >
          > Jake

        • Jake Davis
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 15, 2008
            Thank you so much for the info. I am going to be taking a Photography class this next semester at the collage. I will be using a 35mm with black and white film. i know that the lens is the most important part. do you have any ideas or suggestions on make or type? a friend that also takes photos suggested i get a "fast" camera body. i have been looking on-line but the search is huge. there are so many out there and i keep seeing $500-1000 price tags. i was hopeing not to spend more than 500 on the whole shooting match..lol.as a beginner..Any suggestion's would be awesome. thank you

            Jacob Davis

            ________________________________
            More important than the camera are the lenses for this type of work. A
            nice quality wide for landscapes and for wildlife you'll need a fast
            long telephoto..300mm or more.

            DG
            --- In am-photo@yahoogroup s.com, "Jake" <madbjorn@.. .> wrote:

            > I am Brand new to the group as well as Photography. I am interested in
            > Wildlife and Nature shooting. I am wanting to purchase a camera but am
            > not sure what rout to go.if anyone has any ideas oplease feel free to
            > let me know. Thank you all
            >
            > Jake

          • Jody Harris
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 15, 2008
              Also, if you're shooting primarily nature, you're going to be working at the
              long end of your lenses most of the time. You're mid-range cameras are ideal
              with the 1.5x (Nikon) and 1.6x (Canon) magnification factors, as opposed to
              your full-frame sensors which cost more, but you won't use the wide-field
              they offer.

              Many wildlife and nature photographers (most?) also use tripods. If you're
              going to buy a tripod, remember that it's every bit as much an investment as
              your glass (lenses) is. Good tripod legs, good head, make sure it's all
              matches up to your body and longest lens. Few things are more frustrating
              than having your tripod flex while you're trying to set frame that perfect
              photo.

              havoc

              http://www.opendiscipleship.org/
              http://www.RealizationSystems.com/ -- start communicating
              http://www.GalacticSlacker.com/ -- read it and weep

              On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:55 AM, perki88 <DeeGee88@...> wrote:

              > More important than the camera are the lenses for this type of work. A
              > nice quality wide for landscapes and for wildlife you'll need a fast
              > long telephoto..300mm or more.
              >
              > DG
              > --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, "Jake" <madbjorn@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am Brand new to the group as well as Photography. I am interested in
              > > Wildlife and Nature shooting. I am wanting to purchase a camera but am
              > > not sure what rout to go.if anyone has any ideas oplease feel free to
              > > let me know. Thank you all
              > >
              > > Jake

            • ssnhd
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 15, 2008
                Jacob,

                If you're looking for a 35mm with interchangeable lenses, that can
                switch from manual to automatic exposure, I would consider one of the
                classics, i.e. Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Olympus, Pentax...

                I don't know where you are located, but sometimes there are local
                camera stores that still sell used equipment. There, you could use a
                hands on feel, inspect the camera, and maybe get some sort of warranty.

                Another option is go to Keh.com. A great place to buy used
                equipment. They have a warranty, represent their equipment very well,
                and their prices are hard to beat.

                Now, if you want a recommendation, that's a tough one. I personally
                use a Minolta for 35mm. However, in your shoes, I would consider a
                Nikon. Widely used, widely accepted, very bullet proof, and hold their
                value. So if and when you're ready to upgrade, you'll get a good return.

                One more suggestion. Look up www.photo.net, and look in their
                classic camera forum. It may confuse you even more, but you'll see a
                lot of different opinions there.

                Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

                -Stan

                --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, Jake Davis <madbjorn@...> wrote:

                > Thank you so much for the info. I am going to be taking a
                Photography class this next semester at the collage. I will be using a
                35mm with black and white film. i know that the lens is the most
                important part. do you have any ideas or suggestions on make or type?
                a friend that also takes photos suggested i get a "fast" camera body.
                i have been looking on-line but the search is huge. there are so many
                out there and i keep seeing $500-1000 price tags. i was hopeing not to
                spend more than 500 on the whole shooting match..lol.as a
                beginner..Any suggestion's would be awesome. thank you

                > Jacob Davis

              • kevin keef
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 1, 2010
                  Im here also.