introduction

  • Hannah P.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2006
      Hi! I am new to the group and I thought I'd introduce myself. I have
      been shooting off and on since I was a kid. I've dabbled in some of
      the pro side and my dream is to shoot for AP and cover the Sabres
      (I'm a hockey nut). Though I don't have a clue about how to go about
      it. My older work concentrated on the indie music scene in the NW
      because that was my world and all my friends were in bands, now I
      have a much slower life with my husband in Buffalo NY and I shoot
      mainly animals and local land/cityscapes. I am just coming back from
      a 2 year gap due to illness and really looking to regain my skills.
      I was staunchly pro film till about 3 years ago. As far as digital I
      started with a compact Canon G3, I loved it. That however developed
      and electrical problem so I had to buy a new one, I got a G5 and I
      am not happy with it at all. The focusing is horrid. About 3 months
      ago I can into some money so I decided that was the time to get
      serious about my photography and I bought a Canon 20D w/ speedlite
      and a few lenses (I've shot Canon for about 10 years - I love their
      lenses). I am loving it but I haven't really gotten a chance to put
      it through it paces. I contacted both papers here that I used to
      work with and neither was interested in having me back :-( I guess
      too much time had passed. I miss photojournalism, I have thought
      about going out to cover stuff on my own but I don't have the
      confidence. And in NY you need a press pass from the sheriffs dept
      and that is a lot of work to go through when I'm not sure I can do
      it without a newspaper attached.

      Anyhow -- wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to chatting
      with the group. See my newer stuff at my website, I hope to
      digitize my older work soon, that's the stuff I'm most proud of. Oh
      yea, I also run a girls only photo business group on Yahoo.

      *Hannah Pasisz*
      www.starbrightdesigns.net
      Photography - specializing in the unique and candid

      *UnderExposed*