new pictures

  • Kenna
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
      i added some new pictures to my folder and i created a file thing and
      put some pictures in there so anyone who looks, let me know what you
      think.
    • perki88
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
        What iso are you using? Are you looking for critique? What is the end
        use of these pictures? Thanks,

        DG
        --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, "Kenna" <never_nirvana_mind@y...>
        wrote:

        > i added some new pictures to my folder and i created a file thing and
        > put some pictures in there so anyone who looks, let me know what you
        > think.

      • Kenna
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
          --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, "perki88" <DeeGee88@a...> wrote:

          > What iso are you using? Are you looking for critique? What is the
          end
          > use of these pictures? Thanks,
          >
          > DG
          > --- In am-photo@yahoogroups.com, "Kenna" <never_nirvana_mind@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > i added some new pictures to my folder and i created a file
          thing and
          > > put some pictures in there so anyone who looks, let me know what
          you
          > > think.

          i usually set my ISO to 400 or 800. critique would be wonderful,
          good or bad. the only sort of opinion i ever get on my photos are
          from my family and friends and i'm afraid that they are not being
          enitrely truthful in what they think. an honest opinion and
          suggestions for improvement are all i'm looking for. as for the end
          use of my pictures... some of them are for my photo class but most
          are ones that i've done in my free time. some of them have been
          entered into local photo contests and my high schools photo shows.
        • perki88
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
            > i usually set my ISO to 400 or 800. critique would be wonderful,
            > good or bad. the only sort of opinion i ever get on my photos are
            > from my family and friends and i'm afraid that they are not being
            > enitrely truthful in what they think. an honest opinion and
            > suggestions for improvement are all i'm looking for. as for the end
            > use of my pictures... some of them are for my photo class but most
            > are ones that i've done in my free time. some of them have been
            > entered into local photo contests and my high schools photo shows.

            You are off to a fine start. Here are my SUGGESTIONS:

            HWS2 the main area of interest is not in focus..perhaps a bit more
            depth of field needed

            Hws3 there is no main interest. The textures are nice, but a flower
            place by a marker to draw the eye might have held more interest.

            HWS4 I like this one the best, it could use a little more depth of
            field.

            HWS5 is contrasty, if you use a lower ISO you will get more details
            in your shadow areas.

            Hws7 is great, the only thing I can suggest is to use a polarizing
            filter to pull in the color of the sky.

            When you take a photo, be aware of what you want the viewer to look
            at, what to you want to say. You are filling your frames up nicely
            and you seem to be carefull about avoiding distractions...all very
            good qualities.You have also chosen interesting angles.

            I hope to see more.

            DG