Re: [am-photo] digital camera....?

  • grouplegal101@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
      Canon powershot is way to much money for what you are getting. It's 1000.00.
      The Sony for 499.00 is a much better deal. Remember this is an amatuer site.
      I'm not too interested in what the "pros" have to say.
    • R.J. Baynum
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
        My ex girlfriend of 3 1/2 years, who is also a photographer ( www.reflectionstudio.com ) has just gotten two Canon D-10's
        and has been shooting wedding with them for the last two months.. say she loves them!..
        Well one of these i will have to save a bit to get one.. sigh..
        meanwhile i am only using my beginer Canon Elan IIe..
        What I miss about her the most? is all the toys and the good equipment I used to play with.. grin
        you will see her in the pics in the links with me , with long black hair..
        A major Bitch and control freak..
        But Life goes on..

        R.J.

        ---
        The Photographer..

        Yahoo chat- FSJHoncho
        Visit just some of my Photos, I did in my Travels and Walk-abouts
        in the USA, still going! Since 1990!
        http://community.webshots.com/user/uncouth_heathen
        Home page: http://www.geocities.com/rj_cyberphoenix/Cyber_Phoenix.html
        http://www.loveaccess.com, user profile,"cyberphoenix"
        http://www.onemodelplace.com, User ID: 18262

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
          I hope you have a point, Tony, and I suggest you make it quickly. In
          this list we treat everyone with respect. Don't go throwing rocks at
          list members.

          Keep in mind that Sony is a consumer electronics company. Canon is a
          photography company. Sony is going to push the Sony Memory stick and
          all of it's weeknesses. Canon is going to adopt the best technology for
          professional photographers, and pass that back to their consumer customers.

          If you're not interested in what other list members say, you're welcome
          to see yourself to the door.

          Jody

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
            Thanks Jody.....
            I'm trying to help this person find a good digital camera for under 7 hundred
            dollars. That's what he asked. As an amatuer i relate to other amatuers. I
            know where the door is. If i chose i will walk through it. For now, I will
            contimue to be the best person I can be. And I'm still not interested in what pro's
            have to say, but i will read it if I chose. Sorry i got you so upset.
          • Sean Rogers
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
              Mr. and Mrs Attitude, i made my point and you have read it below- Myself nor my Colleges will ever take a rudness lightly and don't back down to people such as your self that cock attitudes with a new member who is obviously trying to help an Amature photogrpher find work. So all in all i will find myself to the door and good luck with your prices and your rudness in the real world.
              Sincerely,
              Sean Thomas
              P.S. Please take me off your member list

              grouplegal101@... wrote:
              > Canon powershot is way to much money for what you are getting. It's 1000.00.
              > The Sony for 499.00 is a much better deal. Remember this is an amatuer site.
              > I'm not too interested in what the "pros" have to say.

              --
              http://www.RealizationSystems.com/ -- start communicating
              http://www.GalacticSlacker.com/ -- read it and weep
              http://www.NMPerspective.com/ -- a Southwest Perspective

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
                In a message dated 9/2/2003 5:50:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                seanthomas80@... writes:

                > Mr. and Mrs Attitude, i made my point and you have read it below- Myself
                > nor my Colleges will ever take a rudness lightly and don't back down to people
                > such as your self that cock attitudes with a new member who is obviously
                > trying to help an Amature photogrpher find work. So all in all i will find myself
                > to the door and good luck with your prices and your rudness in the real
                > world.
                > Sincerely,
                > Sean Thomas
                > P.S. Please take me off your member list

                See what you did jody? I'm not sure what he said, but i think he's mad at you
                for some reason.

                FYI for future reference. Everyone must agree on everything in this group
                or remain silent. (new rule)

                And oh, Sean, You can unsubscribe yourself, it's simple. Just like how you
                joined yourself. No need for the drama....

              • Jody Harris
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
                  I don't know that there are any professionals here. Are there? In the
                  past, we had a few "semi-pros."

                  If we do have professionals present, and you're not interested in their
                  contributions, you're a foolish consumer photographer who will never
                  aspire to "amature photographer." An "amature photographer" is someone
                  who does not make thier living from photography but is constantly
                  struggling to improve their photographic skills, which is thier passion.
                  We are the people who created and ran this group from the beginning.

                  jody

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
                    RJ,

                    The Canon Elan II is hardly a "beginner" camera. The Elan is Canon's
                    "amature" line of cameras. They are very good, bery flexable, and have
                    many of the same features as Canon's Pro cameras. Don't short change
                    the Elan II or 7, they are fantastic cameras. You may be suffering from
                    low quality lenses, but your camera is not your limit.

                    jody

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
                      I'm glad you explained that for me. I couldn't tell if he was mad at
                      you, mad at me, or mad at both of us. Since we didn't add him to the
                      list, I feel bad about taking people off the list.

                      Oh well.

                      And, who was looking for work?

                      (big, teethy grin)

                      jody

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 2, 2003
                        In a message dated 9/2/2003 11:04:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                        havoc@... writes:

                        > If we do have professionals present, and you're not interested in their
                        > contributions, you're a foolish consumer photographer who will never
                        > aspire to "amature photographer."

                        How nice. My bank account for my little foolish hobby would say
                        otherwise........
                        Stop judging. You just didn't get my point regarding the pro's. relax. take a
                        chill pill. Why is this your list anyway? Who voted you in?