need help, advice??

  • rudybug2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2002
      I am a huge hobbiest or amateur photographer.......It's my
      favorite thing to do....I guess you could say my passion.....when
      my husband graduates from graduate school next month...I have
      the opportunity to do whatever I want to continue my education
      or continue to work and I would like to pursue a career in
      photography.....I've had basic courses, however, I've forgotten a
      lot of it........I have people asking me all the time if they can pay
      me to take pictures of their families, children, etc. and have taken
      a few of these jobs....however, what I really want to know is do I
      need to go to school...if so, where? Would an apprenticship be
      good for me...., etc. In other words, where do I start......is there a
      professional l photographers license to achieve, etc? I would
      love to achieve the goal of a successful studio of my own one
      day...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • Jeffrey Motter
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2002
        rudybug2002 wrote:I am a huge hobbiest or amateur photographer.......It's my
        favorite thing to do....I guess you could say my passion.....when
        my husband graduates from graduate school next month...I have
        the opportunity to do whatever I want to continue my education
        or continue to work and I would like to pursue a career in
        photography.....I've had basic courses, however, I've forgotten a
        lot of it........I have people asking me all the time if they can pay
        me to take pictures of their families, children, etc. and have taken
        a few of these jobs....however, what I really want to know is do I
        need to go to school...if so, where? Would an apprenticship be
        good for me...., etc. In other words, where do I start......is there a
        professional l photographers license to achieve, etc? I would
        love to achieve the goal of a successful studio of my own one
        day...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

        Sorry but your asking the wrong person. I am just beginning with a digital, but a lot of my pictures are good. Sorry but can't really answer your question, Good luck

        Sincerly,
        Jeffrey Motter

      • perki88
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
          From your post, I would assume your passion is portraiture. A good
          base would be at a volume portrait place like Sears, Lifetouch, etc.
          If you take what you learn there and run with it, you'll be able to
          photograph just about anyone. If you like weddings, find a good
          wedding photographer to apprentice...even if you have to start for
          free. Joining the PPA down the line should be a goal.
        • m r
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
            Thanks for the Help, and it makes sense. I will see what I can do..I like taken pictures of sunsets, flowers and etc..But also, i like taken random pictures rather than someone sitting and possing..I will put some of my pics up today if I have the time, maybe you can take a look...thanks again for your time and advice, its greatly appreciated
            urs_4ever_n_ever2002
            perki88 wrote:From your post, I would assume your passion is portraiture. A good
            base would be at a volume portrait place like Sears, Lifetouch, etc.
            If you take what you learn there and run with it, you'll be able to
            photograph just about anyone. If you like weddings, find a good
            wedding photographer to apprentice...even if you have to start for
            free. Joining the PPA down the line should be a goal.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1]="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231283.2257957.3692387.2197213/D=egroupweb/S=1706042964:HM/A=1196107/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/p/feature.html";var lrec_flashfile="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/sony/xxx_geo_300x250.swf";var lrec_altURL="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231283.2257957.3692387.2197213/D=egroupweb/S=1706042964:HM/A=1196107/R=1/id=altimgurl/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/p/feature.html";var lrec_altimg="http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/sony/xxx_geo_300x250.jpg";var lrec_width=300;var lrec_height=250;