Re: [am-photo] Help needed

  • Lussie L
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      Hi Tom!

      I think you sould look through all the photos on your
      maillist and then delete those ones which seems to be
      pornographic..
      I think you can feel the difference..

      Lussie

      --- hiddenone14uk <hiddenone14uk@...> wrote:
      > I moderate another list and was asked a question I
      > was unable to
      > answer as I'm not too hot on the legal side of
      > things.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > Question:
      > what's right to do?
      >
      > the line between art and fucked-up material is thin.
      > a child in the nude can be art,but even art is not
      > free of abuse.
      > I'm a father myself,and sometime I shoot pics of my
      > child when he's
      > nude,but not because I wanna harm the child.

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • havoc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        Also, Tom, don't forget that you are not obligated to extend Free Speech
        into your list. Free Speech is a right, but we don't have a "right to be
        heard." As moderator, you have accepted a mantle of imense
        responsibility -- one that is often not appreciated. The only people
        that have absolute right to free speech are the ones who have taken on
        the _responsibility_ of moderating the list....

        jody

        Lussie L wrote:

        >Hi Tom!
        >
        >I think you sould look through all the photos on your
        >maillist and then delete those ones which seems to be
        >pornographic..
        >I think you can feel the difference..
        >
        >Lussie
        >
        >--- hiddenone14uk <hiddenone14uk@...> wrote:
        >
        >>I moderate another list and was asked a question I
        >>was unable to
        >>answer as I'm not too hot on the legal side of
        >>things.
        >>
        >>Tom
        >>
        >>Question:
        >>what's right to do?
        >>
        >>the line between art and fucked-up material is thin.
        >>a child in the nude can be art,but even art is not
        >>free of abuse.
        >>I'm a father myself,and sometime I shoot pics of my
        >>child when he's
        >>nude,but not because I wanna harm the child.

      • perki88
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
          I think the answer to this is that it depends upon the childs age,
          the pose and the intent. Also, though I took many nudes of my
          children when they were young (ie: bathtub, etc.) however, I wouldn't
          post any to the web.

          Dianne

        • dbatesphoto@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
            the main problem in todays world is that we have so many freaks. now the
            government trying to protect us from a few penalizes us all. There is not
            many of us who have not taken photos of or had our photo taken crawling
            around butt in the air or taking our first bath, but because of the sickos of
            the world laws have had to be made so strict that even these photos can land
            you in jail. It is best to becareful where you take these type of photos to
            be developed especially in the US. Most local labs will have no problems with
            them, but if you take them to a wal-mart or drug store their rules are so
            strict they are required to notify authorities even photos as harmless as the
            old bear skin rug photos. I don't remember the exact details because of a pc
            crash I lost the details, but a few years ago a woman dropped her film off at
            a wal-mart. The photos contained some nude photos of her new born baby. When
            she went to pick the photos up she was arrested under child endangerment
            laws. I believe the case was later dismissed, but to a professional this type
            of embarassment can be the end of a career. It goes back to the old rule If
            you are unsure about an image becareful.

          • John Harris
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
              I took some photos of my son when he was about 6 months old lying on his tummy on a blanket in front of a teddy bear. I took the photos to Wal-Mart to be developed in an hour and when I went back one of them (not showing his bottom) was chosen as the store's picture of the month. After reading this discussion I would think twice about where I take my photos like those for developing.

              John

              >>> dbatesphoto@... 01/04/02 07:42AM >>>