Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

"The Seal of the Almighty" - with a Jewish Italian culinary note in the end

Expand Messages
  • HaDaR
    The Seal of the Almighty - with a Jewish Italian culinar The Seal of the Almighty - By Rabbi Meir David Kahana, ZTUQ L, HI D The Seal of the Almighty is
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      "The Seal of the Almighty" - with a Jewish Italian culinar
      "The Seal of the Almighty" - By Rabbi Meir David Kahana, ZTUQ"L, HI"D


      "The Seal of the Almighty is TRUTH" (Shabbath 55a).
      A few years ago, I was walking in Jerusalem when I saw an angry crowd shouting and condemning a speaker who was, himself, attacking Judaism and religion. As I approached, I recognized the speaker as being the yetzer hara (the evil inclination) himself! Dressed as a member of the anti-religious Ratz party, he was haranguing Judaism and the crowd was replying with angry taunts. As I watched, the yetzer hara continued his futile efforts and then, after a while, gave up and slipped away.

      Last week, I was walking in Jerusalem and saw a large crowd gathered around a speaker wearing a knitted yarmulka, a model of modern enlightened Orthodoxy, who was loudly condemning racism, fanaticism and extremism, and proudly extolling Judaism as calling for equality with Arabs, love of enemies and the paragon of democracy. As I approached, I was startled to see that the speaker was none other than the same yetzer hara whom I had last seen ignominiously retreating before an angry crowd! I waited until the end of the rally, that was not only greeted with warm applause, but was also attended by a whole host of dignitaries including rabbis from Gush Etzion and professors from Bar Illan
      University, as well as the President of Israel himself! Then, I walked over to the yetzer hara and said:
      "What are you doing here? And what is this yarmulka? And Torah teachings?"

      The yetzer hara, who incidentally looked fat and exceedingly prosperous, beamed at me and replied: " My friend, did you ever see me get more applause than today? I realized long ago that if you want to seduce the religious Jew the way is not to attack Judaism, but to pervert it. I find that if I put on a yarmulka, praise Torah and then counterfeit what it says by making it sound palatable and all pleasant things to all men, that is the surest way to destroy it. "

      Now, while all the above never really happened to me, there is not the slightest doubt that the essence of the story is true. The destruction of Judaism, the greatest threat to it, never comes from those who oppose it, but from those on the inside who - for a myriad of objective and subjective reasons alike - pervert, corrupt and counterfeit it.

      This Passover, a writer for the newspaper Maariv in Israel wrote an article that is classic in its perversion of Torah. His name is Avraham Tirosh; he is a member of Mafdal (the NRP-Mizrachi) and he is that ideal example of shatnez (admixture) of Jew and western culture, whose background compels him not only to reject the bitter (for him) truth of Judaism's concepts but also drives him to twist and pervert G-d's law. In Tirosh's case, of course, there is a mitigating factor: He is an ignoramus. In the case of others, there is not even that as an excuse.

      Tirosh - obsessed as are so many others of the Moderdox in Israel and the Exile - with terribly painful issues raised by "Kahanism" - and desperate - for his own agonizing reasons - to prove to all and to himself that Judaism is sheer love to all - writes a long column that is given prominent space by the editors of the secular paper (who are only too glad to believe that Judaism is not incompatible with all their gentilized Hellenism).  His basic theme is love all the people, even the enemies,; equality for all people, and the sin of rejoicing over the death of our enemies.  He begins, of course, with the usual partial quote of the Talmud (Meghillà 10) that when the angels sought to sing a song of praise as the Egyptians were drowning, G-od said: "The work of my hands is drowning in the sea and you want to sing?"

      Says Tirosh: "All who are created in the Image of G-od, even the Egyptians, are G-od's work and thus we must relate to them.  When a disaster occurs to anyone, even if he is our enemy, even if he seeks to destroy you - do not sing praise.  Or, in the words of King Solomon (Proverbs 24:17): "When your enemy falls, do not rejoice, and when he stumbles, let your heart not be glad."

      And this "lesson" of loving your enemy, the Egyptian, who not only enslaved the Jews and murdered them but was in the process of pursuing them to destroy them (and thus, presumably, teaching us similar tolerance and morality for the PLO and Adolph Hitler) is underlined by yet another "lesson" by the scholar from Maariv:
      "This is what the Torah commands us in Mishpatim (Shemoth 23:4): 'If you meet thy enemy's ox or donkey gone astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him.' "  This "lesson" is also clear.  Your enemy must be helped, we must be moral and ethical to the Arab, the PLO, those who hate us, those who are our "enemy".  And the real lesson will be the next one.  Not only should we not rejoice in their death or disaster; we should not cause it.  If Tirosh, suffering from his own psychological problems, would sit quietly in his own little world, his own little corner, creating his own private perversions, it would not be cause for concern.  But Tirosh, as so many Moderdox, is driven not only to sin but to pervert others, to cause them to sin.  And, worse, how many Tiroshes there are in the marketplace!  And not all are ignoramuses; indeed, some are learned, hence, far more guilty, far more dangerous.  Let us, therefore, destroy the absurd and false neo-Toraism, Moderdoxism, that perverts and counterfeits the Word of G-od.

      As always, the Tiroshes of the world selectively and very partially quote the Talmud.  The selection he brings down, really begins with R. Yehoshua Ben Levi starting his lecture on Meghillath Esther with the verse: "And the L-rd rejoiced (sas) over you to do you good, so the L-rd will rejoice (yasis) over you to cause you to perish " (Devarim 28:63).  And the Talmud asks: Does the Almighty then rejoice over the fall of the wicked?  And to prove that He does not rejoice, the story of the angels is brought.  And this is where Tirosh (either the ignoramus or the knave) stops.  But there is more.  The Talmud continues and answers as follows:
      "Rabbi Eleazar said: it is true that HE does not rejoice, but he causes others to rejoice."
      Ah, what a difference.  And a clear answer to the obvious question: If G-od does not want us to rejoice and praise Him when our enemy falls, why in the world does it say: "Then sang Moses and the Children of Israel this song unto the L-rd..."? (Shemoth 15)  And a clear answer to why the rabbis say (Mechilta, Beshallach, 11): "The L-rd shall perform for you miracles and glories and you will stand there and do nothing?  said Israel unto Moses: What are we to do? Said he unto them: you will glorify and praise and give song and glory and greatness to the One to whom wars belong."

      Of course the Almighty, the totality of Compassion, the Father of all, grieves for His children - all of them.  HE does not sing.  His angels, who are not of this world, do not sing.  But the Jews do.  Not only are they allowed to, they are commanded to.  For the very same reason that the very same Almighty, who does not sing, destroys the work of His hands because they are evil.

      Yes, of course He grieves.  He grieves that those who were made in His Image have so perverted and destroyed the greatness of that Image.  That those who were created in the image of good were so evil.  And so, He grieves for the perversion of His purpose in making the world, for His works who have gone astray.  And in His grief, he does not have pity. He destroys them.  He knows that evil and He cannot share the same world, as our rabbis say: "As long as the wicked rule in the world, the Holy One Blessed Be He, so to speak, cannot sit on his throne" (Yalkut Tehillim Chapter 47).

      And so, because the arrogance of the enemy of the Jewish People, the brazen persecution of the People of g-od with no fear of G-od, is the very essence of Chillul Hashem, the Almighty in wrath destroys them and the Children of Israel must sing and glorify G-od.  And thus do the rabbis declare (Shemoth Rabbà 23, Parashath Beshallach): "Then did Moses and the Children of Israel sing,", this is what is meant by the verse (Psalms 9:17) "The L-ord is known by the judgement He executes". This speaks of Egypt whom G-od smote at the Read Sea."  And: "Then did Moses and the Children of Israel sing", this is the meaning of the verse: "Your throne was firm from then".  Even though You exist from time immemorial, Your throne was not made firm, so to speak and You were not made known in the world until your children sang.  When you stood at the sea and we sang before you, with that, "Az", (then) were your kingdom and your throne made firm."

      This is the essence of Judaism - a world made for good and that cannot abide evil.  A world that, when the works of G-od's hand perverts His purpose and when the wicked rules and mocks G-od - as Pharaoh declaring: "Who is the L-ord?  I know not the L-ord!", the Almighty destroys them, no matter how sad He feels, and the Jew is ordered to sing the Song of the Red Sea not only on Passover but each and every day of the year in his morning service!

      And that is why King David sings (Psalms 58:11): "Let the righteous rejoice as he seeth vengeance, he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked".  Why?  Because only when we see the wicked punished , only when we see vengeance for their sins, do we have proof that G-od really does exist and rules.  And David continues by saying: "And men shall say: Verily there is a reward for the righteous; truly there is a G-od that judgeth in the earth."

      And that is why the rabbis tell us that "Moses yearned to see vengeance against the Midianites." Moses. Yearned. To see vengeance on the wicked.  What shall we do with the fanatic Moses...

      The incredible perversion of Judaism by confused and guilt-ridden Moderdox, ignoramuses and learned alike!  Our rabbis tell us (Midrash Avkir): 'And Israel saw the great hand of G-od' - When the Almighty wished to drown the Egyptians, the Archangel of Egypt (Uza) said: Sovereign of the Universe!  You are called just and righteous...why do you wish to drown the Egyptians?  At that moment the Archangel Gabriel rose and took a brick and said: Sovereign of the Universe!  These who enslaved your children such a terrible slavery as this, shall You have mercy on them?  Immediately the Almighty drowned them."

      And allow me to introduce two other Talmudic Sayings: "That generation was one of tiny faith, saying: Just as we rose from the sea on this side, perhaps the Egyptians rose from the other side.  The Almighty ordered  the bodies to be washed-up and Israel saw them." (Pesachim 118b)  And Midrash Tehillim 22:1 adds: "Each Jew took his dog and put his foot on the throat of a dead Egyptian and said to his dog: Eat of the hand that enslaved me; eat of the heart that showed no pity."**  Poor Tirosh.  Poor Moderdox.

      As for the tiresome perversion of the verse "when your enemy falls do not rejoice," it is time that Tirosh went beyond a Biblical verse and learned that G-od gave an Oral Law, a Talmud, that explains verses.  Let him open the Talmud (Meghillà 16a) which tells of Mordechai kicking Haman as the latter bent over to help him climb on the horse.  Haman too, in a startling echo of Tirosh, wails: "Does it not say in your Torah, when your enemy falls, etc.?"  And Mordechai answers Haman and Tirosh: "That speaks about a Jew (an enemy who is a Jew), but with you it declares, "And you shall trod on their high places" (Deuteronomy 33:29)"  Haman heard the words of Judaism.  Tirosh not yet.

      And the ignorance knows no bounds, the pity being that some Jews stand before the entire country and expose their nakedness with shouts of triumph.  "Thine enemy's ox or donkey".  This, in the narrow, empty head of an ignorant Moderdox, proves how much we must have pity even on our enemy.
      The Talmud (Bava Metsia 32b), aside from making it clear that, at best, the reason for the law is tsa'ar ba'ale' chaim (suffering of the animal and NOT pity on the enemy), makes it as clear as it is humanly possible that "the enemy that is mentioned here is a Jew who is your enemy and not a gentile".   And Maimonides, the idol of the great progressives, says (Laws of Murderer 13:14): "The 'enemy' mentioned in the Torah is a Jew and not one of the nations of the world."

      I really could go on and on, but the lesson is clear.  Tirosh is the lesson of Passover and of every day of the year.  Tirosh and the Moderdox, puffed up by their own personal and egotistical refusal to accept Torah concepts and destroy their own gentilized and westernized ones, deliberately pervert and counterfeit Torah.

      The Seal of the Almighty is TRUTH, and only that TRUTH will emerge from His lips and His teachings.

      14 Iyar 5746 - 23rd May 1986

      ====================

      **[My note] - Notice that to confirm all this, there is an ancient tradition in Jewish Italian cuisine to prepare for the Shabbath of Parashath Beshallach, in which the drowning of the Egyptians is told, a dish called "Le Ruote di Faraone", Pharao's Wheels, a pasta dish, in which the noodles are shaped as chariots' wheels (you can easily find them in your supermarket by Barilla or De Cecco) in a red Bolognese sauce, where the meat is chopped a bit bigger instead of the usual very small pieces.  The wheels represents Pharao's floating destroyed chariots, and the tip-of-a-finger sized chopped meat represent the floating heads of the Egyptians I love that dish, and have been eating it with gusto for many years (I think it is mentioned in Edda Machlin Servi's Italian Jewish Cuisine Book).  That is another proof of what RaMbaM teaches: for every forbidden flavour (eating one's enemies' heads is not allowed!) there is ALWAYS a kosher equivalent...
      -- 
      
      Be`ahavath Israel - HaDaR -
      A Torah-wing Jew ("religious fanatic, gun-toting settler") :-)
      from Qiryath Arba Hebron  
      >=================================================================================
      He who is merciful with the cruel, will end-up being cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabba 7:16 ===================================================================== >============

      When terrorists kill a Jew in Erets Israel , there are two responsible parties: the terrorists
      and the government that allows it. - Rav Meir Kahana

      >=======================================================================
      THE TORAH ON WALLS AND FENCES:

      "He [your enemy] shall besiege you in all your gates, until the fall
      of the tall and fortified walls in which you trust throughout your
      land..." --  Deut. 28, 52

      Ezekiel Chapter 13:
      10 Because-, even because they have led My people astray, saying: Peace, and
      there is no peace; and when it buildeth up a wall, behold, they daub it with
      whited plaster; 11 say unto them that daub it with whited plaster, that it
      shall fall;
      >=======================================================
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
      Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
      -Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790) US Founding Father- 
      >=======================================================
      Every drop of Jewish blood spilled by Arab terror, is on the hands of ALL those who refuse
      to work for the removal of these blood-thirsty beasts from among us.  They cannot say:
      "Our hands did not spill that blood." - HaDaR -
      >==================================================================
      "The question is not how can we remove the Arabs, but rather how can we not"?
      Rabbi Meir Kahane, ZTUQ"L, HI"D,  "They Must Go", 1981, p.245
      >==================================================================
      Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil.
      (Isaiah 5,20)
      >==============================================================
      "At a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." (George Orwell)
      > =======================================================================
      "You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are
      merely anti-Zionist.
      And I say, let the truth ring forth from the highest mountaintops.
      Let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth.
      When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews.
      Zionism is nothing less than the dream and ideal of the Jewish people
      returning to live in their own land." (Martin Luther King)
      >======================================================================
      "Lots of bad editorials are better than a beautiful obituary."
      -an old Israeli saying from the times before "Lemmings Disease" and "Osloporosis" struck most of the country-
      >============================================================================
      "The strength of the prophets of Israel lay in the fact that they proclaimed the Truth
      when everything was against it." - Andre Malraux -
      >===========================================================================
      Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. This is elementary common sense.
      If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other.
              (George Orwell, Partisan Review, 1942)
      >=======================================================================

      "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious.  But it
      cannot survive treason from within.  An enemy at the gates is less
      formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly.  But
      the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly
      whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of
      government itself.  For the traitor appears not a traitor - he speaks
      in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and
      their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the
      hearts of all men.  He rots the soul of a nation - he works secretly
      and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city - he
      infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.  A murderer
      is less to be feared."  -Cicero, 42 B.C.E.-
      >============================================================

      "No Jew has the right to yield the rights of the Jewish People in
      Israel.  No Jew has the authority to do so.  No Jewish body has the
      authority to do so.  Not even the entire Jewish People alive today
      has the right to yield any part of Israel.

      It is the right of the Jewish People over the generations, a right
      that under no conditions can be cancelled.  Even if Jews during a
      specific period proclaim they are relinquishing this right, they have
      neither the power nor the authority to deny it to future generations.
      No concession of this type is binding or obligates the Jewish People.

      Our right to the land - the entire land - exists as an eternal
      right, and we shall not yield this historic right until its full and
      complete redemption is realised."
      -David Ben Gurion - at the Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland, in 1937
    • HaDaR
      The Seal of the Almighty - By Rabbi Meir David Kahana, ZTUQ L, HI D The Seal of the Almighty is TRUTH (Shabbath 55a). A few years ago, I was walking in
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2008
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        "The Seal of the Almighty" -
        By Rabbi Meir David Kahana, ZTUQ"L, HI"D

        "The Seal of the Almighty is TRUTH" (Shabbath 55a).
        A few years ago, I was walking in Jerusalem when I saw an angry crowd
        shouting and condemning a speaker who was, himself, attacking Judaism
        and religion. As I approached, I recognized the speaker as being the
        yetzer hara (the evil inclination) himself! Dressed as a member of the
        anti-religious Ratz party, he was haranguing Judaism and the crowd was
        replying with angry taunts. As I watched, the yetzer hara continued his
        futile efforts and then, after a while, gave up and slipped away.

        Last week, I was walking in Jerusalem and saw a large crowd gathered
        around a speaker wearing a knitted yarmulka, a model of modern
        enlightened Orthodoxy, who was loudly condemning racism, fanaticism and
        extremism, and proudly extolling Judaism as calling for equality with
        Arabs, love of enemies and the paragon of democracy. As I approached, I
        was startled to see that the speaker was none other than the same
        yetzer hara whom I had last seen ignominiously retreating before an
        angry crowd! I waited until the end of the rally, that was not only
        greeted with warm applause, but was also attended by a whole host of
        dignitaries including rabbis from Gush Etzion and professors from Bar
        Illan
        University, as well as the President of Israel himself! Then, I walked
        over to the yetzer hara and said:
        "What are you doing here? And what is this yarmulka? And Torah
        teachings?"

        The yetzer hara, who incidentally looked fat and exceedingly
        prosperous, beamed at me and replied: " My friend, did you ever see me
        get more applause than today? I realized long ago that if you want to
        seduce the religious Jew the way is not to attack Judaism, but to
        pervert it. I find that if I put on a yarmulka, praise Torah and then
        counterfeit what it says by making it sound palatable and all pleasant
        things to all men, that is the surest way to destroy it. "

        Now, while all the above never really happened to me, there is not the
        slightest doubt that the essence of the story is true. The destruction
        of Judaism, the greatest threat to it, never comes from those who
        oppose it, but from those on the inside who - for a myriad of objective
        and subjective reasons alike - pervert, corrupt and counterfeit it.

        This Passover, a writer for the newspaper Maariv in Israel wrote an
        article that is classic in its perversion of Torah. His name is Avraham
        Tirosh; he is a member of Mafdal (the NRP-Mizrachi) and he is that
        ideal example of shatnez (admixture) of Jew and western culture, whose
        background compels him not only to reject the bitter (for him) truth of
        Judaism's concepts but also drives him to twist and pervert G-d's law.
        In Tirosh's case, of course, there is a mitigating factor: He is an
        ignoramus. In the case of others, there is not even that as an excuse.

        Tirosh - obsessed as are so many others of the Moderdox in Israel and
        the Exile - with terribly painful issues raised by "Kahanism" - and
        desperate - for his own agonizing reasons - to prove to all and to
        himself that Judaism is sheer love to all - writes a long column that
        is given prominent space by the editors of the secular paper (who are
        only too glad to believe that Judaism is not incompatible with all
        their gentilized Hellenism).  His basic theme is love all the people,
        even the enemies,; equality for all people, and the sin of rejoicing
        over the death of our enemies.  He begins, of course, with the usual
        partial quote of the Talmud (Meghillˆ 10) that when the angels sought
        to sing a song of praise as the Egyptians were drowning, G-od said:
        "The work of my hands is drowning in the sea and you want to sing?"

        Says Tirosh: "All who are created in the Image of G-od, even the
        Egyptians, are G-od's work and thus we must relate to them.  When a
        disaster occurs to anyone, even if he is our enemy, even if he seeks to
        destroy you - do not sing praise.  Or, in the words of King Solomon
        (Proverbs 24:17): "When your enemy falls, do not rejoice, and when he
        stumbles, let your heart not be glad."

        And this "lesson" of loving your enemy, the Egyptian, who not only
        enslaved the Jews and murdered them but was in the process of pursuing
        them to destroy them (and thus, presumably, teaching us similar
        tolerance and morality for the PLO and Adolph Hitler) is underlined by
        yet another "lesson" by the scholar from Maariv:
        "This is what the Torah commands us in Mishpatim (Shemoth 23:4): 'If
        you meet thy enemy's ox or donkey gone astray, thou shalt surely bring
        it back to him.' "  This "lesson" is also clear.  Your enemy must be
        helped, we must be moral and ethical to the Arab, the PLO, those who
        hate us, those who are our "enemy".  And the real lesson will be the
        next one.  Not only should we not rejoice in their death or disaster;
        we should not cause it.  If Tirosh, suffering from his own
        psychological problems, would sit quietly in his own little world, his
        own little corner, creating his own private perversions, it would not
        be cause for concern.  But Tirosh, as so many Moderdox, is driven not
        only to sin but to pervert others, to cause them to sin.  And, worse,
        how many Tiroshes there are in the marketplace!  And not all are
        ignoramuses; indeed, some are learned, hence, far more guilty, far more
        dangerous.  Let us, therefore, destroy the absurd and false
        neo-Toraism, Moderdoxism, that perverts and counterfeits the Word of
        G-od.

        As always, the Tiroshes of the world selectively and very partially
        quote the Talmud.  The selection he brings down, really begins with R.
        Yehoshua Ben Levi starting his lecture on Meghillath Esther with the
        verse: "And the L-rd rejoiced (sas) over you to do you good, so the
        L-rd will rejoice (yasis) over you to cause you to perish " (Devarim
        28:63).  And the Talmud asks: Does the Almighty then rejoice over the
        fall of the wicked?  And to prove that He does not rejoice, the story
        of the angels is brought.  And this is where Tirosh (either the
        ignoramus or the knave) stops.  But there is more.  The Talmud
        continues and answers as follows:
        "Rabbi Eleazar said: it is true that HE does not rejoice, but he causes
        others to rejoice."
        Ah, what a difference.  And a clear answer to the obvious question: If
        G-od does not want us to rejoice and praise Him when our enemy falls,
        why in the world does it say: "Then sang Moses and the Children of
        Israel this song unto the L-rd..."? (Shemoth 15)  And a clear answer to
        why the rabbis say (Mechilta, Beshallach, 11): "The L-rd shall perform
        for you miracles and glories and you will stand there and do nothing? 
        said Israel unto Moses: What are we to do? Said he unto them: you will
        glorify and praise and give song and glory and greatness to the One to
        whom wars belong."

        Of course the Almighty, the totality of Compassion, the Father of all,
        grieves for His children - all of them.  HE does not sing.  His angels,
        who are not of this world, do not sing.  But the Jews do.  Not only are
        they allowed to, they are commanded to.  For the very same reason that
        the very same Almighty, who does not sing, destroys the work of His
        hands because they are evil.

        Yes, of course He grieves.  He grieves that those who were made in His
        Image have so perverted and destroyed the greatness of that Image. 
        That those who were created in the image of good were so evil.  And so,
        He grieves for the perversion of His purpose in making the world, for
        His works who have gone astray.  And in His grief, he does not have
        pity. He destroys them.  He knows that evil and He cannot share the
        same world, as our rabbis say: "As long as the wicked rule in the
        world, the Holy One Blessed Be He, so to speak, cannot sit on his
        throne" (Yalkut Tehillim Chapter 47).

        And so, because the arrogance of the enemy of the Jewish People, the
        brazen persecution of the People of g-od with no fear of G-od, is the
        very essence of Chillul Hashem, the Almighty in wrath destroys them and
        the Children of Israel must sing and glorify G-od.  And thus do the
        rabbis declare (Shemoth Rabbˆ 23, Parashath Beshallach): "Then did
        Moses and the Children of Israel sing,", this is what is meant by the
        verse (Psalms 9:17) "The L-ord is known by the judgement He executes".
        This speaks of Egypt whom G-od smote at the Read Sea."  And: "Then did
        Moses and the Children of Israel sing", this is the meaning of the
        verse: "Your throne was firm from then".  Even though You exist from
        time immemorial, Your throne was not made firm, so to speak and You
        were not made known in the world until your children sang.  When you
        stood at the sea and we sang before you, with that, "Az", (then) were
        your kingdom and your throne made firm."

        This is the essence of Judaism - a world made for good and that cannot
        abide evil.  A world that, when the works of G-od's hand perverts His
        purpose and when the wicked rules and mocks G-od - as Pharaoh
        declaring: "Who is the L-ord?  I know not the L-ord!", the Almighty
        destroys them, no matter how sad He feels, and the Jew is ordered to
        sing the Song of the Red Sea not only on Passover but each and every
        day of the year in his morning service!

        And that is why King David sings (Psalms 58:11): "Let the righteous
        rejoice as he seeth vengeance, he shall wash his feet in the blood of
        the wicked".  Why?  Because only when we see the wicked punished , only
        when we see vengeance for their sins, do we have proof that G-od really
        does exist and rules.  And David continues by saying: "And men shall
        say: Verily there is a reward for the righteous; truly there is a G-od
        that judgeth in the earth."

        And that is why the rabbis tell us that "Moses yearned to see vengeance
        against the Midianites." Moses. Yearned. To see vengeance on the
        wicked.  What shall we do with the fanatic Moses...

        The incredible perversion of Judaism by confused and guilt-ridden
        Moderdox, ignoramuses and learned alike!  Our rabbis tell us (Midrash
        Avkir): 'And Israel saw the great hand of G-od' - When the Almighty
        wished to drown the Egyptians, the Archangel of Egypt (Uza) said:
        Sovereign of the Universe!  You are called just and righteous...why do
        you wish to drown the Egyptians?  At that moment the Archangel Gabriel
        rose and took a brick and said: Sovereign of the Universe!  These who
        enslaved your children such a terrible slavery as this, shall You have
        mercy on them?  Immediately the Almighty drowned them."

        And allow me to introduce two other Talmudic Sayings: "That generation
        was one of tiny faith, saying: Just as we rose from the sea on this
        side, perhaps the Egyptians rose from the other side.  The Almighty
        ordered  the bodies to be washed-up and Israel saw them." (Pesachim
        118b)  And Midrash Tehillim 22:1 adds: "Each Jew took his dog and put
        his foot on the throat of a dead Egyptian and said to his dog: Eat of
        the hand that enslaved me; eat of the heart that showed no pity."** 
        Poor Tirosh.  Poor Moderdox.

        As for the tiresome perversion of the verse "when your enemy falls do
        not rejoice," it is time that Tirosh went beyond a Biblical verse and
        learned that G-od gave an Oral Law, a Talmud, that explains verses. 
        Let him open the Talmud (Meghillˆ 16a) which tells of Mordechai kicking
        Haman as the latter bent over to help him climb on the horse.  Haman
        too, in a startling echo of Tirosh, wails: "Does it not say in your
        Torah, when your enemy falls, etc.?"  And Mordechai answers Haman and
        Tirosh: "That speaks about a Jew (an enemy who is a Jew), but with you
        it declares, "And you shall trod on their high places" (Deuteronomy
        33:29)"  Haman heard the words of Judaism.  Tirosh not yet.

        And the ignorance knows no bounds, the pity being that some Jews stand
        before the entire country and expose their nakedness with shouts of
        triumph.  "Thine enemy's ox or donkey".  This, in the narrow, empty
        head of an ignorant Moderdox, proves how much we must have pity even on
        our enemy.
        The Talmud (Bava Metsia 32b), aside from making it clear that, at best,
        the reason for the law is tsa'ar ba'ale' chaim (suffering of the animal
        and NOT pity on the enemy), makes it as clear as it is humanly possible
        that "the enemy that is mentioned here is a Jew who is your enemy and
        not a gentile".   And Maimonides, the idol of the great progressives,
        says (Laws of Murderer 13:14): "The 'enemy' mentioned in the Torah is a
        Jew and not one of the nations of the world."

        I really could go on and on, but the lesson is clear.  Tirosh is the
        lesson of Passover and of every day of the year.  Tirosh and the
        Moderdox, puffed up by their own personal and egotistical refusal to
        accept Torah concepts and destroy their own gentilized and westernized
        ones, deliberately pervert and counterfeit Torah.

        The Seal of the Almighty is TRUTH, and only that TRUTH will emerge from
        His lips and His teachings.

        14 Iyar 5746 - 23rd May 1986

        ====================

        **[My note] - Notice that to confirm all this, there is an ancient
        tradition in Jewish Italian cuisine to prepare for the Shabbath of
        Parashath Beshallach, in which the drowning of the Egyptians is told, a
        dish called "Le Ruote di Faraone", Pharaoh's Wheels, a pasta dish, in
        which the noodles are shaped as chariots' wheels (you can easily find
        them in your supermarket by Barilla or De Cecco) in a red Bolognese
        sauce, where the meat is chopped a bit bigger instead of the usual very
        small pieces.  The wheels represents Pharao's floating destroyed
        chariots, and the tip-of-a-finger sized chopped meat represent the
        floating heads of the Egyptians.  I love that dish, and have been
        eating it with gusto for many years (I think it is mentioned in Edda
        Machlin Servi's Italian Jewish Cuisine Book).  That is another proof of
        what RaMbaM teaches: for every forbidden flavour (eating one's enemies'
        heads is not allowed!) there is ALWAYS a kosher equivalent...
        --
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.