Ask the Expert: Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Enhancement Chats

  • Rich O'Boyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      Please join us for one (or all) of our real-time discussion groups
      this week. We have two special sessions that I think you would find
      particularly informative. I would like to offer these guest hosts a
      warm welcome and a dynamic discussion.

      If you can find the time in your busy schedule, I am sure that you
      will find these experienced professionals will enlighten you and help
      you improve quality of life for yourself and your aging loved ones.

      Memory Enhancement

      Dr. Joanne Singleton from Pace University's Institute for Healthy
      Aging will host a discussion on "Memory Enhancement" on Wednesday,
      December 6 from 9:00PM to 10:00PM EST. Joanne is Family Nurse
      Practitioner, and Doctor of Nursing. She is an Associate Professor at
      Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing, and Director of Pace's
      Institute for Healthy Aging. Dr. Singleton maintains a practice at
      the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn,
      N.Y. Her area of research focuses on care-of-self, and understanding
      what helps patients to follow their care plans. Those who can not
      attend at the specified time may e-mail advance questions to rich@ec-
      online.net or read the transcript of the session the following day.

      Dementia Caregiving

      Susan Grossman, founder of alzwell.com and an experienced Alzheimer's
      Disease caregiver will host her regular "ALZwell Tonight" discussion
      group on Thursday, December 7 from 9:00PM to 10:00PM EST. These
      lively sessions emphasize sharing experiences, learning best
      practices and finding appropriate resources.

      Alzheimer's Answers

      Our first session of Alzheimer's Answers will be conducted on Friday,
      December 8 from 1PM to 3PM on the topic of "The Stages of Alzheimer's
      Disease: What to Expect." Dr. Karen Bell joins us from the Taub
      Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain at
      Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York
      City. She is a leading expert on Alzheimer's Disease research and
      treatment. Caregivers are invited to attend this casual and
      informative session in person through the ElderCare Online website.
      Those who can not attend at the specified time may e-mail advance
      questions to rich@... or read the transcript of the
      session the following day.

      I look forward to seeing you in our chatroom! Remember, you don't
      have to be a techie to join in. You can enter and sit on the
      sidelines or dive right into the discussion.

      Kind Regards,
      Rich O'Boyle
      ElderCare Online
      "Tell me why - Show me how - Hold my hand"
      http://www.ec-online.net