WMA Info

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2007
      Greeting,

      I just wanted cross post this information to all those who might be
      interested in the study of Western martial arts. Die Schlacht Schule
      is dedicated to the study of medieval martial arts. We focus
      particularly on Ringeck, Liechtenauer, Le Jeu de la Hache, and
      Talhoffer, in the German tradition of medieval combat form of the
      13th-15th century, either in or out of armor. I personally work out
      with these folks and have been very pleased with the training and the
      knowledge of the instructor. You will learn and gain experience in
      several weapons forms including long sword/half sword, poleaxe,
      dagger, spear, and sword and buckler. You will even be exposed to
      armored and unarmored wrestling techniques.

      I have found there to be several applications of the techniques
      taught to be applicable to the SCA heavies and unarmored combat
      list. If you are interested in more information please feel free to
      contact me or follow the links below.

      Sincerely,

      Odeane,