This is a safe space for parents and loved ones to explore alternatives to traditional mainstream children's dentistry while sharing experiences, knowledge, encouragement and support in a kind, loving and nurturing environment.
- Developing good dental health habits in children both young and old with tips and tricks to help make dental hygiene as fun as possible.
- Ideas for finding child-friendly and child/parent-respectful dental health practitioners.
- Dealing with decay, cavities or disease after it's already started.
- Where/how to get work done your way, on your terms and what to do if that doesn't seem possible.
- Ideas offering support through procedures in order to help minimize anxiety, pain and trauma for both children and parents.
- Supporting breastfeeding while dealing with ignorance from uninformed health professionals.
- The impact of not breastfeeding on short and long term dental health (cavity prevention, jaw and facial development, teeth alignment, speech development).
- Supporting attachment parenting through dental procedures.
- Sharing resources and what's worked and not worked for us.
This group supports extended breastfeeding, attachment parenting and holistic health. Please remain mindful that breastfeeding beyond a few months is viewed as beneficial and the norm here as is gentle and respectful parenting and non-traditional alternatives to dental care.
Disclaimer: This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of each individual member, and do not reflect the views or policy of the listowner, moderators, group affiliates or the list itself.
Image courtesy of freeimages.co.
- Mar 29, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.