Mabon

  • ankheera
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17 8:01 AM
      Mabon
      When:
      Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:00 PM - 12:00 AM EDT (End Time Estimated)
      Hosted by:Primitive Church of Ancient Truth

      It is the time of the autumn equinox, and the harvest is winding down. The fields are nearly empty, because the crops have been plucked and stored for the coming winter. Mabon is the mid-harvest festival, and it is when we take a few moments to honor the changing seasons, and celebrate the second harvest. It is a time of giving thanks for the things we have, whether it is abundant crops or other blessings.

      Mabon is a time rich in magic, all connected to the changing seasons of the earth. This, after all, is the time when there is an equal amount of day and night. While we celebrate the gifts of the earth, we also accept that the soil is dying. We have food to eat, but the crops are brown and going dormant. Warmth is behind us, cold lies ahead.

      Mabon, celebrate with foods that honor the hearth and harvest -- breads and grains, autumn veggies like squash and onions, fruits, and wine.

      Read more: http://events.myspace.com/Event/View/6678560#ixzz0wsLi8kR2