Mabon

  • ankheera
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2009
      Mabon is very much like Thanksgiving. Most of the crops have been reaped and abundance is more noticeable than ever! Mabon is the time when we reap the fruits of our labor and lessons, both crops and experiences. It is a time of joy, to celebrate that which is passing (for why should we mourn the beauty of the year or dwindling sunlight?), looking joyously at the experience the year has shared with us.

      I would love to fire up the cauldron and just have every arrange to bring something different to put in for a good harvest stew.
      potatos
      onions
      carrots
      celery
      tomatoes
      fresh green beans
      fresh peas
      turnips

      Saturday, September 19th, 2009
      at the house
      829 Three Bridge Estates, Jacksonville
      Bring the stew items around 3 p.m. so we can eat by 6:30 or so

      Ritual will be for balance through the coming winter.
    • ankheera
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2010
        Mabon
        When:
        Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:00 PM - 12:00 AM EDT (End Time Estimated)
        Hosted by:Primitive Church of Ancient Truth

        It is the time of the autumn equinox, and the harvest is winding down. The fields are nearly empty, because the crops have been plucked and stored for the coming winter. Mabon is the mid-harvest festival, and it is when we take a few moments to honor the changing seasons, and celebrate the second harvest. It is a time of giving thanks for the things we have, whether it is abundant crops or other blessings.

        Mabon is a time rich in magic, all connected to the changing seasons of the earth. This, after all, is the time when there is an equal amount of day and night. While we celebrate the gifts of the earth, we also accept that the soil is dying. We have food to eat, but the crops are brown and going dormant. Warmth is behind us, cold lies ahead.

        Mabon, celebrate with foods that honor the hearth and harvest -- breads and grains, autumn veggies like squash and onions, fruits, and wine.

        Read more: http://events.myspace.com/Event/View/6678560#ixzz0wsLi8kR2