Samhain!!

  • Angie Mae
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2008
      Samhain is approaching fast and to make it a festival to remember we
      need to try to get it coordinated as soon as possible.

      Samhain is the most sacred of our festivals, it is a time when the
      veil between the worlds is the thinnest, where we honor those who
      have crossed over and it is easiest to communicate with them. It is
      the last of the three harvest Sabbats marking the end of the growing
      season. Symbols for this time are jack-o-lanterns, bonfires, masks,
      the besom, and food from the "harvest". Traditional Pagan foods of
      Samhain are beets, turnips, squash, acorns, gingerbread,
      pomegranates, beef, pork, poultry, pumpkin dishes, corn and apples.

      The gather will be on Friday, October 31st.
      Help decorating the yard is welcome all afternoon.
      I know some of you have kids to take trick or treating, so the eats
      will be at around 7 or 8 pm

      We will supply a turkey roasted on the spit over the fire.

      There will be hot buttered rum for toasting the ancestors.

      Costumes are strongly encouraged.

      Call 750-0326 to let us know what you will be able to bring and how
      many of you there will be.
    • if you don't know it then too bad
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
        --- In alternatepaths@yahoogroups.com, "Angie Mae" <ankheera@...>
        wrote:

        > Samhain is approaching fast and to make it a festival to remember
        we
        > need to try to get it coordinated as soon as possible.
        >
        > Samhain is the most sacred of our festivals, it is a time when the
        > veil between the worlds is the thinnest, where we honor those who
        > have crossed over and it is easiest to communicate with them. It
        is
        > the last of the three harvest Sabbats marking the end of the
        growing
        > season. Symbols for this time are jack-o-lanterns, bonfires, masks,
        > the besom, and food from the "harvest". Traditional Pagan foods of
        > Samhain are beets, turnips, squash, acorns, gingerbread,
        > pomegranates, beef, pork, poultry, pumpkin dishes, corn and apples.
        >
        > The gather will be on Friday, October 31st.
        > Help decorating the yard is welcome all afternoon.
        > I know some of you have kids to take trick or treating, so the eats
        > will be at around 7 or 8 pm
        >
        > We will supply a turkey roasted on the spit over the fire.
        >
        > There will be hot buttered rum for toasting the ancestors.
        >
        > Costumes are strongly encouraged.
        >
        > Call 750-0326 to let us know what you will be able to bring and how
        > many of you there will be.
        >i wish that the kids and i could be there but as you know we are up
        in maine but i do wish each and every one of my friends down there
        the best and happiest time this year and party a little extar for us
        please we all ways do think and care for each and every one of you so
        blessed be my friends until we meet again
      • ankheera
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
          Saturday October 30th
          Gathering starts at 2 p.m.
          Costume contest for the children at 3 p.m.

          Games and chili and hot buttered rum are provided.

          Bring the whole family to celebrate the changing of the year, and to honor those who have gone on before.

          You are welcome to bring any traditional Samhain foods to share and munch on throughout the gather such as beets, turnips, squash, apples, corn, nuts, gingerbread, boxty, cider, pomegranates, colcannon, mulled wines and pumpkin dishes.

          Costumes are encouraged for everyone and we ask that you bring candles to light for those that have passed before you to cross the veil.

          You can RSVP on myspace at http://events.myspace.com/Event/View/7824063#ixzz11KDmk500

          Or

          Your can RSVP on facebook at
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=153642221333283

          We are looking so forward to this ... hope to see you there!!!