Alternate American Revolutions

  • rtpoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      Given the date, I was wondering what are your favorite stories are
      based on alternate outcomes for the American Revolution.

      I'm partial to H. Beam Piper's classic, "He Walked Around the
      Horses", which has as its point of divergence the Battle of Quebec.
      In the Real World, Benedict Arnold was seriously wounded during the
      siege. Piper has him killed. With no Arnold to win at Valcour Island
      and Saratoga, the British easily put down the rebellion.

      Piper's story is essentially an exchange of letters between diplomats
      discussing the sudden appearance of a man claiming to be a British
      diplomat. He turns out (though it is never explicitly stated) to have
      "shifted" between timelines.

      What's your favorite?

      rtpoe

      p.s. Who the heck is "osamhu" and why does he keep posting his
      tirades here?