[alternate-view] Sampling in Prog

  • Frank Blades
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 1998
      Just spent some time listening to the new Galahad album, Following
      Ghosts. What a change! There are some "old" Galahad songs, but Stu has
      introduced some very modern dance sounds to the album. There are a
      couple of tracks that are very much "non-prog". Dunno how it will go
      down with those expecting an old-style Quasi-Genesis prog album.

      Also very impressed with Radiohead's OK Computer. Classify under
      "indie", but certainly there is a lot of prog influences. If you
      haven't heard it, I suggest you try and give it a listen.

      As for new albums, I can recommend the Nepenthe album Everything Was
      Beautiful and Nothing Hurt. Nothing new or unusual, but a solid prog
      standard album. Like the new Mystery album too - as long as you like
      American pomp rock with Journey-sound vocals.
      I am not sure about the new Quidam album though (even though the
      vocalsit is a cute babe!!!). I loved the first album, but this is
      taking more to get into, and hasn't got there yet:(

      Frank

      Frank Blades
      frank.blades@...

      Alternate View