GALANEWS XMAS 2004

  • STUART NICHOLSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      Just a note to let you know that we have yet another gig planned. It's all too much!!

      This time it's at a venue called the Green Room at the Portman Hotel in Boscombe near Bournemouth on Saturday 12 February 2005.

      It's a compact but very friendly venue and for the first time in a long time, it's free admittance!! The idea is that we really want to get out and play more ( a gig is worth a half a dozen rehearsals!!) plus, we have new material we'd like to try out. Obviously we'd love to see you there!!

      Other good news is that, despite some very odd reports from Chippenham Progsfest concerning the band (all we did was have a very, very good time and were supportive of other bands...is that so bad??) , the organisers have very kindly  invited us back for next years Progsfest festival. This time we will be playing on Saturday 15 October in the afternoon, exact times etc still TBC.

      Other confirmed bands so far are Magenta and Pineapple Thief. More details to come as they arise. Suffice to say it's a great festival and venue and (nearly) everyone was very friendly and supportive and Galahad did go down very well, highlighted by the fact thatf Lin was rushed off her feet on the merch stall!! .We seemed to gain quite a few new fans who'd never heard ofv us before!! We must sort out our publicity!!!!

      Finally, we'd  like to wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy, peaceful and prosperous 2005.

      All the best

      Stu Galahad