URGENT PRESS STATEMENT RE: POPPODIUM GIG, HELMOND 3 oct 2003 - NOT!!

  • Galahad
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      It is with great regret that, due to reasons beyond the control of  Galahad the proposed gig on Friday 3 Oct at the Plato Poppodium in Helmond, Netherlands  will not now be taking place.

      Reasons are sketchy but there always seemed to be a  language/communication problem between us and
      the venue's promoter leading to misunderstanding between the band and the venue.

      Things came to a head when we noticed another band advertised for the date that we were under the impression we were playing! This all happened despite some fans calling the venue about the gig and being given a pretty ambiguous  and unconvincing response...which set the alarm bells ringing at Galahad central!

      The band is obviously very disappointed at not playing and at the fact that this messy situation arose in the first place. Thnakfully it doesn't happen very often and has never happened in Europe before.Hopefully it won't happen again!

      We are also very sorry to have inconvenienced all those who would have been coming to the gig.

      However, the Prog Resiste festival at Verviers in Belgium on Saturday is still very much on and we hope to see you there.BUT Galahad will be going on quite early at 6 o'clock in the evening so get there in good time!

      That's all for now

      Take care

      Stu Galahad