Re: Soccer...

  • rurrjh
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2002
      --- In alternate-history@y..., Thomas Roche <tertullianus_2000@y...>
      wrote:

      > --- rurrjh <rurr2@h...> wrote:
      > > --- In alternate-history@y..., "Jaime G. Braun"
      > > <nareed@i...> wrote:
      > > in the
      > > indeed.
      > > >
      >who become big
      > dollars pro jocks? A handful of usually already rich
      > entrepreneurs who make the big dollars bigger selling
      > the masses on buying tickets to watch guys kick a
      > round ball around trying to plunk it into a net
      > occasionally, and keep one step ahead of hooligan
      > riots?

      Maybe but two percent is better then nothing.

      > > Extreme right in Europe might be weaker
      > >
      > why?

      > Links to football Hoolganism, Petty nationalism, the tribalism.
      Its a good way of influencing the stupid. I can pretty tell much tell
      you wether the fans of a particular team, tend to be left wing or
      right wing in there sympathies.

      >Rurr
    • rurrjh
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2002
        wrote:

        > You think sports culture in the western world has made
        > that much of a difference? Why? In the 19th century,
        > before the development of that sports culture, we
        > never saw anything like this in the west.

        We did Bread, and Circuses. ``Footeball and Golfe be utterly cried
        downe.....'' Free for all.....It was just at a local level, the 2oth
        century just mean't if you didn't live in Mancherster, or Green bay
        you could watch the game.

        Rurr