Re: Damned dirty apes!

  • rurrjh
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In alternate-history@y..., "Victorian Cow" <victoriancow2345@h...> wrote:
      > He was talking making cannon fodder infantry out of apes - that means
      > ability at the least to handle crew served weapons and simple tactics under
      > fire.
      >
      > Scott

      Where do the Nazi's get the millions of apes from?

      > >From: "rurrjh" <rurr2@h...>
      > >To: alternate-history@y...
      > >Subject: [alternate-history] Re: Damned dirty apes!
      > >Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:57:58 -0000
      > >
      > >--- In alternate-history@y..., "Victorian Cow"
      > ><victoriancow2345@h...> wrote:
      > > > Let us break this into parts.
      > > >
      > > > How much of modern biology requires instrumentation, physics and
      > >chemistry
      > > > which isn't happening sooner.
      > > >
      > > > How much of what would be needed turns on concept shifts such as
      > >you
      > > > propose.
      > > >
      > > > How far in the future is all of this - do we need to make up 10
      > >years? 50
      > > > years? 200 years?
      > > >
      > > > Scott
      > >

      > > What is the simplest level of tech with which you can manipulate,
      > >the Human Genome. Can you work with genes without an electron
      > >microscope, or supercomputers. the computer you might be able to get
      > >arround. the electron microscope, i think is more of the problem.
      > >
      > >Did watson and crick need electron microscopes for their work?
      > >
      > > That said if you want tall sturdy soldiers that pretty easy. Just
      > >dispose of the cripples and the short ones. Though a problem there
      > >is getting the willing women/wombs.
      > >If you want Max from dark angel thats altogether Harder
      > >
      > >Rurr

      > >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • rurrjh
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2002
        <victoriancow2345@h...> wrote:
        > > He was talking making cannon fodder infantry out of apes - that
        means
        > > ability at the least to handle crew served weapons and simple
        tactics under
        > > fire.
        > >
        > > Scott

        I recall reading that there is a drug. I belive it's called
        Scoiphol. It's basically a Date rapists dream. It effetively leaves
        one in a trance, but still able to carry out basic tasks. Kinappers
        in columbia use it all the time, as there victims can still write a
        check, make a phone call. Leaving no memory of the experience.
        Suppose the Nazi's sythasize this drug in large quanity's and use it
        to crate a docile europe

        Rurr

      • rurrjh
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 2, 2002
          <victoriancow2345@h...> wrote:
          > Actually its an interesting notion when you get past the juvie
          wording.
          > Anyone want to take a stab at what changes in scientific history it
          would
          > have taken to create the biotech of the late 21st century in 1942?
          > Stirling's Draka AH series has a controlled gene altered aids being
          used by
          > the bad guys in the late 90's.

          Create a vaccine for smallpox or so and keep it your favoured
          population.

          Rurr